Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Voices in the night...

At night, I feel like I live on the toilet I have to get up to use the bathroom a few times in the night, with baby sitting on my bladder, it is inevitable. My kids like to bring toys into our room, and somehow they don't always make it back into their room (or wherever else they belong). So, the other night, about 2:30 AM, I was routinely making my way to the bathroom. I struggle with sciatic nerve issues at the end of pregnancy, so I guess I was kind of hobbling around. My foot bumped something and I heard~ in a deep, dark voice~ "Oh baby, I'm every hippo's dream." I about flew through the roof. It freaked me out so bad! I don't really think I knew what it said, since I was half asleep, but I knew that voice wasn't a regular voice I should hear at night. Once I got in the bathroom, I could feel my heart racing within my throat. Then, I started to wake up more, and I realized what took place. I felt the wrath to whip that McDonald's toy out the window.

4 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

ROFLOL!!! That is hysterical! I have met the zebra in the middle of the night.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Oh Sarah, this is too funny! I would have been freaked out too!! I am with you on going to the bathroom at all times of the night too. And I have the sciatic pain going as well. But it will all be worth it!!

Susan said...

I really don't miss that...the getting up ever 90 minutes to use the bathroom - ugh! I had the sciatic nerve pain, too, from about 4 months on. No fun! But super funny (to me, at least!) about the talking toy! I think what it said makes it even funnier, no? Oh toooooo funny! Hopefully that toy stays out of your room from now on. ;)

Stephanie said...

Oh, that is scary...and what a strange phrase to hear in the middle of the night too!

P.S. I'm starting to experience the "go-to-the-bathroom-in-the-middle-of-the-night-and-all-of-the-time" thing too. Ah, the joys of pregnancy!