Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pregnancy woes...

I have "officially" less than 5 weeks to go before this baby is "due." I use the quotation marks, because I tend to run out of amniotic fluid at the end of my pregnancies. When I was pregnant with Caleb, the fluid was really low, and so we scheduled to induce when he was a little over due. Then, when I was pregnant with Madelyn, they did an ultrasound on my due date, and realized the fluid was pretty much gone. So, that night, I was put in the hospital for an induction. So, my doctor and I are discussing checking the fluids the end of December/early January to see where things are at. If the fluids are low, and if my body is ready for baby to come, we will probably induce earlier than my due date. We don't want anything to happen to that precious little baby, but we also don't want to "rush" the baby out. So, we will see. I may get to hold this baby in my arms earlier than my due date.

Trust me, I can definitely feel the desire/need to be done with pregnancy. I do love being pregnant, just lately, it is getting more and more difficult to enjoy it. My body is screaming help...my joints hurt, my sciatic nerve is in serious pain, my whole pelvic floor seems like it is about to bust out, and I am just achey. I have a hard time walking now, even during the day. Night time is THE WORST, and to get up to use the bathroom (agazillion times) makes me shutter with pain. I have a terrible time getting out of bed, and walking to the bathroom, that sometimes I just hold it and hope that it will go away. Isn't that terrible?

If that isn't bad enough, my moods have been horrific. My family is my witness....and Terry and I just had the conversation last night that I am not doing so hot with things. I am extremely forgetful, and I need to work on not fighting with the kids over EVERYTHING! I am just so emotional, in tears over so many things, and I feel like everyone is against me. Yes, I know I am emotional and pregnant...two things that go hand in hand. I need more sleep, and I need to be extra cautious how I respond to my family and friends.

Anyway...sorry to just sit here and complain. I am happy to be blessed with another baby. Pregnancy is such a miraculous gift that God has given me. I am honored to be a mommy again. I just am looking forward to ~after~ delivery. :)

7 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Sarah, I remember those days so well. (It really wasn't that long ago, I guess!) I felt that way with both of my girls. After Kibby I vowed not to have more kids. Then I got pregnant with Ruby a year later. Ha! But I had such pains too. Everything you described. My heart certainly goes out to you! Sounds like you have a good perspective, though, and thankfully, it won't be much longer and that cute little bundle will be in your arms, and you'll be much more comfortable! :)
I'm looking forward to finding out who s/he is, too! :)
Hugs,
Susan

Gretchen said...

Sorry you're not having an easy time with this pregnancy. My last one was the worst! He was a "hard" baby, too. Very ill. I tease him if he had been first, he would have been an only child.

I'm doing ok, don't worry about me. I just keep going. :)

CaseyDeuce said...

My thoughts are with you, you can do it!! The end is in sight and remember to take a little time for you and relax!! Kick up those feets and breathe!! I really hope all goes well for the remainder of this pregnancy!!

Qtpies7 said...

One day at a time. You will barely remember this in a couple of months. But it really stinks right now.
Can I come over and help you with anything? Cleaning? hehe Seriously, though. I know how hard it is to have sciatic pain and a miserable, painful pregnancy. I will help.

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

Complain away! I'm just a few weeks behind you and feel just about everything you describe. It's sad, but I hold it at night too hoping the pee urge will just magically disappear...and pray I don't sneeze.

Joyful Noise said...

Once you look at that sweet sweet face you will forget all of this! We can handle your complaining - even though I never made it that far in my pregnancies - it is SO much better to wait and bring the little one home with you...just a couple more weeks!!! You can do it! Let me know if I can help at all - Lisa and I will bring glitter! :)

Mandy said...

Awww. Pregnancy is tough. I believe hands down I was the most emotional then. It won't be much longer now. ((hugs))