Monday, December 8, 2008

Some Christmas Photos to share...

On Sunday, we went to a Granite City Sound performance. For the last 8 weeks, I was practicing with the Sweet Adelines Women's Barbershop group. This is a special time of year, where anyone can take part of being in Sweet Adelines without a commitment to join. Then, after the 8 weeks of practice, we perform with the Sweet Adelines at their Annual Christmas Tea. This was held in a church, they had tea, coffee, punch and cookies. They also had a silent auction for baskets, that the members had put together. The money raised is used for "scholarships" for those Sweet Adelines that may need a little extra help for activities/performances/camps throughout the year. It was a fun time! My mom has been a Sweet Adeline for 21 years. She has been in a quartet (within the Sweet Adelines) for about 18+ years! That is a long time! I think the Sweet Adelines is a great group, and someday (when my kids are older) I would love to join them! Doing this winter session was a blast, and I am thankful that it worked out to join them for just this bit.

I had dressed my kids up for the occasion...some of their Christmas time outfits. Madelyn has about 6 "Christmas-type" dresses. Last year, my mom had scored a great deal on dresses after Christmas, and so, we are set for this year. I bought Caleb an outfit last year, after the Christmas sales, but it is a 4T and way too big. But, we did get by with the turtle neck and the sweater. The pants will have to wait until next year. I just had to share the photos with you!
Nathaniel was with his Dad this past weekend, so unfortunately he missed out on the pictures and the concert.

Caleb looks so grown up! He wanted to put his hands in his pockets.
Madelyn had a hard time just standing in front of the tree. She is always on the go.

This is so sweet of them! Caleb is being so loving. Do you think I could spark a smile out of my daughter? She sees a camera, and the smile goes into hiding.

So happy together! I think it is so sweet how Caleb is holding her hand.

There is nothing like the love between brother and sister. They are really becoming best buds.

7 comments:

Grandma J said...

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh...those is cute!

Joyful Noise said...

I love the hands in his pockets!!! Cute pictures - Maddie has a great smile too bad it goes into hiding!

Laura said...

Those are some classic pictures they will love when they're older. Adorable.

Anonymous said...

through the years my son and daughter;s loves grows more and more. This is a gift for the parents as well

Qtpies7 said...

They are such qtpies! The concert was fun and I loved your mom's quartet! You just looked so cute in your santa hat, too!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of your kids are adorable, and I love listening to the Sweet Adelines, too -- they performed at my church's women's Christmas brunch a few years ago.

Stephanie said...

Oh, look at his little snowman vest and her pretty jumper! They're all dressed up...and oh-so-cute. :)