Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baby Appointment: 36 weeks

Well, my baby is growing and growing...and the scale keeps adding more numbers~ urgh!
My Doctor doesn't "measure" me at every appointment, but he said everything is going well. Heartbeat is strong and healthy. Head is down, and no dilatation....which is good, because I am just over 36 weeks. My belly is so low, though, and I feel like this baby could just fall out. I have never experienced that with my other kids. The Doctor said my belly is low, and the uterus muscles are probably very stretched out. He recommended getting a belly band. However, with the price of those, I don't think it will be an investment we can make at this time. I am sure my body (mainly my back, legs, and booty) would appreciate the lift of strains. I just keep telling myself that there are less than 4 weeks to go...less than 4 weeks. I can do it....even if painfully.
My blood pressure was a bit elevated today. Normally, my BP is 120 over 60~ or something close to that. Today it was something around the 170 over 72. I can't remember what the nurse said, but my guess is very close to what it was. So, that is a bit concerning to me. My ankles and other joints have been really swollen lately. I really feet swollen all over, but my ankles are pretty swollen. Even putting on shoes and boots is a challenge lately. I am sure it is water retention, and I need to get my feet up more. I am looking forward to getting my body back in shape, and moving about normally again. I told Terry I feel like an over stuffed penguin lately...waddling around and feeling large. Soon...I keep saying that blessed 4 letter word~ SOON!

8 comments:

jpandtheboys said...

***hugs*** praying for you! I am glad to hear that everything is good. God's timing is perfect and that darling baby will come and just the right time. love you.

Qtpies7 said...

It will go fast now, with Christmas and new years speeding up the day will be here before you know it.
I know that with my later pregnancies I felt the same way. I worried that the baby would just fall out, but it didn't, unfortunately, lol.

I wish I could do something for you to make it easier.

I do have some cute hair bows for Maddie, though.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

This is so exciting even though I know you are miserable! Drink lots of water too, it will help get your swelling down. SOON is definitely a blessed word!!

You are beautiful and you are carrying a miraculous gift from God! No matter how you feel, just know that you are radiant and beautiful!! Maybe you can post one last pic before your little one is here?!!

I will be praying for your blood pressure as well, I know that can be concerning.

Soon Sarah...SOON!!!!! I cant wait!!!

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

I remember those days. I hope these last few weeks fly by for you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction my friend! :) Hang in there! I do have a belly band if you want to use it. Let me know. :)

Grandma J said...

Hopefully, you'll go a little early, and won't have to wait the full 4 weeks...as long as the baby is ready to come out, that is. I remember too, how uncomfortable those last couple of months are.

When you get a chance, read my latest blog, I tagged you...you're It!

Anonymous said...

You're scaring me. LOL You keep inching up week by week and dragging me with you! I keep thinking time will pause and 40 weeks will never come. Last time I blinked I got the positive test and now I'm 30 weeks and you're a month or so from delivery.

Bellaband! Totally worth it. I did a review for one and have been wearing it ever since. It makes a huge difference with the weight of the uterus and will be even better post-baby to help hold that jelly belly in.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well. If you haven't heard it already, you might try rotating your ankles for the swelling: just life up in your feet and twist them in circles for a couple of seconds. It doesn't make the swelling go down, but it makes them feel a bit better.