Monday, October 27, 2008

My poor little sweet pea

Madelyn is fighting some kind of nasty. She started feeling ill last night when we had the grandparents over for a supper celebration for Nathaniel's birthday. She did fine, until the end of the night. She was feeling a little warm...OK, maybe it was a lot warm. So we gave her Tylenol and she went to bed. She woke up around 10:30, and Terry brought her downstairs. He said she was on and off with sleep, but she was mostly awake. At 1:30 AM, Terry crawled into bed with her after giving her more Tylenol. She was wide awake, kissing and hugging me. He said that he was playing his game on the computer with his Dad. Most of the time when Terry plays his computer game (Age of Empires) it puts Madelyn to sleep~ understandably :). Not last night, though. She was sitting on his lap saying, "horse!" and other words. I don't understand that. So, anyway, she is in bed with us...super hot. After the meds were in her system for 45 minutes, she was still hot. I put her in lighter jammies, and waited out her restlessness. Somewhere around 3:30 she ended up falling asleep and I was dozing soon thereafter. She has been very cuddly and just not herself today. She can keep her mood happy for the most part...which is super! At one point today, her temp got to 102.2 under the arm. So, being it was under the arm, it was a little higher than that. Poor little hunny! I hope she sleeps better tonight. Speaking of which...I should get to bed. More updates tomorrow! I have lots to catch up on!

6 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Poor Maddie! Sounds like you all had a late night! I hope she starts getting better soon and the fever goes down!!! Hugs to you, get some rest!!!

Meaghan said...

I hope she starts feeling better soon!

I saw that you entered a giveaway to win a Starbucks Gift Card and thought you would like my Giveaway!

Im giving away 1 lb of Gourmet Coffee or Tea from my new online coffee shop: Get The Bean.

We will be doing giveaways weekly so be sure to stop by often.

www.getthebean.blogspot.com

jpandtheboys said...

Hi Miss Sarah!
I miss you so much. Thank you for your hugs and misses, and prayers. I am sorry to hear about Maddie. Brodes seems to be coming down with something as well and I am hoping his ears are ok. It would be awful if he got sick while we were here. I will keep Maddie pie in my prayers. I love you all.

Gretchen said...

Nothing scares me more than fevers. The feeling of those little bodies burning. :( I do hope she's better soon!

Me said...

Sickness-no fun!! Poor thing! I am not ready for that to start up! Is she feeling better yet?

Anonymous said...

I sure hope she gets to feeling better soon!