Friday, March 20, 2009

Natural Sweetness!

I am trying to be more natural with products that we use, and especially things my family and I put in our mouth. It really is amazing the difference our bodies can feel when we eat better and healthier! Just recently, I started back up with Weight Watchers, and this has made me even more aware of what I am choosing to eat. I know that sugar products can sure put on the extra pounds, so I am interested in using a different source to add the sweetness. There are two products that I have been recently asked to review: Steviva and Fructevia.
Steviva is a pure sweet powder that is from the organic stevia leaves, the "Stevia Rebaudiana" bush. When refined into a white powder extract (stevioside), Stevia becomes 200-300 times sweeter than sugar and sweetens without raising blood sugar levels. What is really amazing with Stevia is there are no calories, carbs,artificial ingredients or fillers~ PURE AND NATURAL! Steviva increases energy and aids digestion by stimulating the pancreas, and doesn't harm healthy teeth. Sugar does the opposite, I know from experience that sugar can give me a quick energy boost, then I usually crash. You can cook with Stevia, depending on the recipe. You can find recipes on the website (Steviva.com). I think Steviva is a better option to sugar for these health reasons, and because it will help you not take in extra weight that sugar would supply. Steviva is available in 1.3 ounce bottles, 1 kg. bags, bulk, and more. You can find them in the natural heath section of your local grocery stores.
Fructevia is a new product from Stevia, and it tastes just like sugar! You know what? You only use half of Fructevia as you would sugar because it is much sweeter! Plus, Fructevia has only 5 calories per packet, and one packet equals 2 tsp. of sugar. Fructevia is a proprietary and patented blend of all natural ingredients Fructose, FOS, Stevia and Magnesium Carbonate. It contains no GMO's, gluten or chemicals. It is safe for diabetics, low carb dieters, (like Weight Watchers!) low glycemic dieters, and people that suffer from hypoglycemia (like my husband). Fructose, Frutevia's primary ingredient, is a natural fruit sugar that is easier on the body than glucose (table sugar) due to the low glycemic index. It absorbs more slowly in the body to provide longer lasting energy with little effect on blood sugar. I am happy that Fructevia is great to use in cooking and baking! Fructevia is available in 1 and 5 pound resealable bags.
I think these products are great, and they are a healthy choice for me! I fully recommend the Stevia products, and I am anxious to purchase the Steviva Blend for my cooking and baking needs. I would thank Thom King, founder of Steviva Brands, Inc., for creating a great alternative to sugar.

No comments: