Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Play 'n' learn Spoon~ great for tots!

Small children, like pre-toddlers all the way up, enjoy the "do-it-myself" stage very much! It can be a challenging time, especially if you are in a hurry. Feeding time with small children should be an enjoyable time, and one that children can learn from and explore. I was excited to see the Play 'N Learn spoons from Baby Human! These spoons are designed with the self-feeder in mind. The spoons come two in a package with a suggested retail price of $8.99. The spoon's handles are curved to align with your baby's mouth. Many times small children have a hard time aiming their utensil in their mouth, and the Play 'N Learn spoon helps direct food to the target! What I especially like about Baby Human's Play 'N Learn Spoon is that it is BPA, phthalate & lead-free! With that in mind, this eating utensil is safe for my baby's mouth.

Have you ever seen your child gag themselves with a spoon? It isn't a pretty sight, and they don't appreciate the experience! Plus, you may get that food to represent itself. The Play 'N Learn spoon has a mouth guard to prevent the gag reflex. I appreciate this genius design!

Since babies haven't established their left-hand or right-hand favor yet, the spoons are designed to be used with either hand, too!
I think the spoon a great transitioning utensil to head toward a table spoon.
Baby Human's products were created and designed from single mom, Kimberly Kirkup, who has an autistic son. She designed her products with the child in mind.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I have three little ones to buy for now, thanks to my cousins, so I'm always looking for good ideas for safe gifts. Thanks!