Monday, March 9, 2009

Madelyn is TWO!!!


I can't believe that my sweet, darling daughter, Madelyn (my princess) is two years old today! The time sure has flown! I want to share my birth story with you.
I had an appointment on Madelyn's due date (March 8th, 2007). I had an ultra-sound, which the clinic routinely does on due dates. They found out that the amniotic fluid was pretty much gone, so I was told that I needed to be scheduled for an induction. I was told that I should check into the hospital that evening around 7 PM. Terry was working that day, so I called him from my parents and told him what the plan was. He was going to stop by home after work and pick up my bag, car seat, etc. My mother-in-law was so sweet to meet me at my parent's house to pick up Nathaniel and Caleb. When Terry and I headed up to the hospital, we stopped at Subway and picked up 2 foot longs. I actually ate 1/2 on the way, and the other half in the hospital bed while I was answering the million questions they ask about history/medications/etc. I think that is a funny part about the "labor day" that I ate a foot long sub before giving birth.....
Anyway~ the IV fluids were started and I was going to have a cytotec pill inserted to help "rippen" the cervix. I didn't know the side effects of this pill, otherwise I would not have allowed this method for induction. (see Cole's story) That is a whole other story. I didn't like the nurse that was doing the registration part, and the one that was going to be helping us. She was the nurse that discharged us with Caleb. Let's just say she isn't very personal and caring. Bland would be a good word to describe her. She had difficulty getting the pill inserted (dry glove)~ yeah, can I get an OWIE!! I was a puddle of tears, and after 3 times trying, she got another nurse. I LOVE the nurse that came in to help. She was our delivery nurse we had with Caleb. Right then I should have asked if she could just help us the rest of the time. She calmed me down, told me what I could do to help....and just like that it was in.
My dear friends, Lisa and Jody, came up to see me and offer support. It was a great joy to see them and share a few laughs. One of the laughs was over glitter. I will have to tell you that one another time (or ask them).
The pill worked right away, and I was in full blown labor! Can you believe, through crying and moaning, the nurse told me I really wasn't in labor? I could have smacked her one. (F.Y.I. she had 3 scheduled C-Sections....no idea what labor is).
I had an epidural, and it helped minimize the pain. I did still feel quite a bit of pains, though. I did need oxygen, and Maddie's heart rate decreased. But, my labor lasted about 5 hours, and I pushed for about 10-15 minutes. She was born a little after 1 AM. I thought she was going to be huge, from the way my belly was out there. Everyone else thought my baby was going to be big, too. Out came this tiny, little peanut at 6 pounds 6 1/2 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long. She is still little today at 2 years old. I have her well child check next week. Did I know what I was having? Nope, but I was very emotional during pregnancy, and even cried over spilled milk. We knew we were having a girl. Here are some pictures of our little princess:

My parents with Madelyn. In this picture, she is under 9 hours old.
I think she is about 3 months old in this picture. I did have more of her birth pictures, but our hard drive crashed with them on it. I am desperately hoping we can restore those!
She is such a silly girl! She is feisty, even when she was smaller.
Madelyn is a very happy girl!
Here she was starting to walk around while holding onto objects.
She is a girl in every aspect of the word. She walks like a girl, talks like a girl, and is moody like a girl. We love our little girl, and are so happy she was given to us from God!

She was drinking "pop" on our trip to Chicago last summer. That is what she called her bug juice.
She loves to "copy" mom and babywear her babies. My friend, Candace, gave Maddie this child sling for her Christmas gift.
Blowing out her candle for her Birthday! After we all sang Happy Birthday to her, she clapped and said, "Yeah! Good job everybody!"

MMMMmmmm......Barbie Chocolate Cupcakes!
So careful with her cupcake...not really liking getting her fingers dirty.
Madelyn got mostly clothes for her birthday. She LOVED it! Seriously, she had to try on everything she got! She got underwear, 2 dresses, 2 shirts, a sweatshirt, 3 pair of jeans, and a summer outfit!
Big brother Caleb loved to help Maddie with her gifts. He wanted a gift, too, but I told him he only needs to wait 2 months to his birthday.
She has the cheesiest smile lately. She loves to show off her teeth. She is finally getting the last couple teeth on her bottom gum next to the front two.
We love you Madelyn! Happy Birthday to our precious girl! You are very dear to us, and we pray God will bless your life and you will bring honor to Him in all you do. Thank you, Lord, for our little girl!

11 comments:

Grandma J said...

Happy Birthday Madelyn! It's hard to believe that little peanut is 2 years old already...but then, she is a big sister now. Wow! I have to do a 30TH birthday blog for my son on Wed...gotta go dig through pictures!

jpandtheboys said...

Oh Maddie we love you! Happy belated birthday darling girl!! ;)

Ms. Sarah! I can't believe she is two. :( Time has gone by way too fast.

Jeff and Mandee said...

I love how she is wearing something different in almost every picture! Happy Birthday to your little girl, she's cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Madelyn!

I love the cupcake photo.

Qtpies7 said...

Happy birthday, Maddie!
Still giggle about the glitter, lol. I wanted to bring some when you were in with Cole, but I didn't feel that it was a good idea to come up there, it was so rough with him.

I wanted to climb over the bed and take that nurse out when she said that! OOOOHHHHH!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you, Madelyn! Pufferfish is going to turn two in June. Those two years go SO FAST, don't they? One minute there's a tiny little baby who can't do anything but squawk and poop... and the next minute there's an entire little person running around the house getting into trouble and making you laugh!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

What a sweet girl!!!

Happy Birthday Maddie!!!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! :)

(Sorry I'm a little late!)

Gretchen said...

She's such a cutie!

Nurses are supposed to be "angels of mercy", but I've had more than a few who never received that memo. I've thrown more than a couple out of the room. Yeah, they called me a few names, but TOUGH!

ForensicMama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milk Mama said...

Aww! ♥ Happy Birthday, Madelyn!