Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Safe Eyes

I was recently given the opportunity to review the great software from InternetSafety.com called Safe Eyes. I am greatly impressed with this program! I think it is great that with one CD, I can protect up to 3 computers in my home! The software features time limits, program blocking, usage reporting, web blocking, key word blocking, instant messaging recording/blocking, peer-to-peer file sharing and more! My oldest is nearing the pre-teen years, and I am happy to know about this software to make our computers a bit more safe, and this will increase accountability in the home. I really like that I can have a report on what is viewed online at any time. Also, I can limit how much computer time is used by setting a time limit. I know that the world web has so much garbage on it, so I am happy to know that there are programs like Safe Eyes to help us rest assured that we are making web browsing, instant messaging, and e-mails a bit more family-friendly. Safe Eyes is the only program of its kind that can be used in mixed Mac/PC homes, with a single annual subscription. I think that at the price of $49.95 for a year subscription, it is worth the piece of mind to make the web a more kid-friendly, and family-friendly experience. Safe Eyes received the Parents' Choice Award for 2008 from the Parents' Choice Foundation. The award is the latest in a series of honors for the parental monitoring software, including two consecutive Editors' Choice awards from PC Magazine. I give Safe Eyes two thumbs up!

5 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

I might have to check this out. It's scary what to think what our kids might stumble upon while surfing!

Anonymous said...

This is Definitely worth $50 for.
How are you feeling by the way?
have a wonderful 4th of July!

Gretchen said...

My 13-year old son is entirely too smart for this to work for him. He'd figure a way around it.

Anonymous said...

Now this is a GREAT idea!

Anonymous said...

Its so important for parents to install software like this. Have you ever heard of accountability software? Accountability software is specifically for adults who want to guard where they go online without any blocking or filtering. Combined with filtering, it's a great Internet safety solution for the whole family. If you want more info about it check out my post “Is Filtering All There Is?” - http://www.covenanteyes.com/blog/2008/06/12/is-filtering-all-there-is-introducing-accountability-software/