Sunday, July 13, 2008

A couple funnies

I forgot to mention these funny incidents...and I thought I would share.

When Nathaniel was about 4 years old, I was with him and some friends of mine at a Mexican Restaurant to celebrate my birthday. This is a tradition with my friends to celebrate our birthdays there. I had a Mega Margarita, and Nathaniel was trying to get at my glass to try some. I pulled the Margarita away from him and told him, "You're not that lucky!" What I was unaware of, was the waiter had just come to check on our table. He just got done asking if there would be anything else...when the response he got was, "You're not that lucky!" He was so embarrassed and turned red. Everyone started laughing, and told me what happened. Needless to say, I was just as embarrassed and wanted to crawl into a hole. Every year on my birthday I am reminded of that statement. Good times!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just a few weeks ago, Terry, the kids and I went out to a local Italian Restaurant for pizza. Caleb started reaching and grabbing a piece of pizza. I said, "You put that down right now!" I was a bit stern with my voice. The cashier was at a nearby table, and she had just picked up the booklet with a check and tab for the waitress. She froze, and dropped the booklet back on the table. She was stunned! She thought that my voice was the waitress's voice, and she thought she was in trouble! How funny is that! I was laughing so hard I had tears.

4 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

These are too funny!!! Thanks for sharing them, they were a good laugh this morning!!

Anonymous said...

Kids really do say the funniest things don't they! I loved reading these made me laugh.

JR Photography said...

I remember the first one! That was hilarious! Sorry I won't be celebrating with you this year. Tell everyone I said hello! Are we going to get together this week?

Michele P. said...

these made me smile, I have my own little collection of funnies I should post one day!