Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I had the ebee geebees today...

I was babysitting today, and most days we go out on the screened in deck to get fresh air. I love being out there with the kids, because they can get outdoor air, hear the birds, and they are in an area that they can't take off to the road. Well, today we were out there during Caleb's nap. We were waiting for him to be done with his nap so we could go out to the kiddy pool. So, the girls and I were playing along, when I got an itch on my skin. What is that? I thought...a teeny, tiny bug. But, there are more bugs crawling on me...another, and another...WOWEE...they are all over me! My arms were crawling with teeny, tiny bugs, and my legs. Well, then I was itching all over, because I just think they are all over me by now! Where did they come from, and why are they here?
Yesterday, Nathaniel was out there reading his book. He likes to sit out there where it is quiet to read. He came in and told me there were little bugs on his arms...all over. He said he felt gross. So, I told him to jump in the lake when we got home, or to shower. I really didn't think it was a big deal. Well, now I know how he felt! I really didn't believe him, and I am sure that was evident in my response to him yesterday. So, after I picked him up from his friend's house this afternoon, I owed him an apology.

Anyway, after I came inside with the girls (after discovering the bugs), Claudia went to say hi to her mom in her office. I went over to her and told her about the bugs. She asked me if I checked the girls, and I told her I just came in, and that was what I was going to do next. Sure enough, they had them crawling all over them, too! All over their diapers, even...OH NASTY!
So, I gave the girls a bath, and they loved that time in there. I really don't know many kids, actually none, that don't like bath time. They giggled, and splashed. Claudia loves to stand in the tub, I found out. I washed their hair, and made "styles" with their hair in the shampoo. (Did I have a camera? Oh no...) Claudia sure giggled when I had Maddie's hair sticking straight up in a point (like Alfalfa) on the top of her head.

I told Claudia's dad about the bugs, and he went out and sprayed all the cushions on the furniture out there. Then, he went under the porch to see if he could find anything. There was a nest up under there. He thought maybe there was a dead bird in there. I think he took it down. We don't know what the bugs were, and may never know...but let me tell you, I would be perfectly happy to not let another one come near me or the kids again! I hope there aren't any side effects from the commotion today, and I hope they are all gone now!

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

YUCKKK!!!!! I hate bugs and anything else creepy, crawly and gross!

Fratzels said...

I'm getting freaked out just reading the post - yuck!!!

Qtpies7 said...

oh man! Nasty!!!

Anonymous said...

Ewe!! I'm itching just thinking about it!

Unknown said...

I just cannot believe how freaky this is. I hope that never happens to you again!

TTYS - Sniz

Milk Mama said...

Oh my goodness! That would freak me out!!!