Sunday, July 20, 2008

I saw Beth Moore! Living Proof~

I was very excited to get to see Beth Moore this weekend at the Target Center in Minneapolis. She is a wonderfully God-gifted speaker! She is such a great teacher, encourager, and godly woman! She is a great Bible study leader, too! The conference started Friday night at 7:00 PM and went through Saturday at noon. I went with my friend, Jeannie, and other ladies from church. Jeannie rode down with me. We left on Friday at about 4:00 PM. I wanted to make sure we had enough time. BOY, am I glad we left when we did! On the way down, I had to use the restroom, and we took an exit. We thought about grabbing some supper then, and we should have because of the time factor, but we felt a bit awkward at that location. Let's just say we were definitely in the minority. I am not prejudice, we just felt like we didn't really belong...if you catch my drift. After using the restrooms,we went to the Target Center. I missed my exit somehow, and we had to back track. Then, we had a grand time trying to get into downtown. After driving around the blocks awhile, we found the hotel we THOUGHT was where we needed to go. I parked in the ramp to that hotel. Yep, it was the wrong hotel, so we had to walk a bit further to the hotel we were suppose to be in. Luckily, it was just over a block. We got up to the desk to get our keys, and the room number wasn't posted on the envelope. (I think Satan was trying to keep us from going...but his plan failed). We got it all figured out, and got our things up to our room ~ the 28th floor! Yes, it was an amazing view of Minneapolis! It was such a great site! There is something about the big cities. At this point, I am so hungry. So, we ate a fast supper at the hotel's restaurant. Then, we sped walked to the Target Center (a wee bit late). I am so thankful that our church friends had a few seats next to them~ third row from the floor. It was a great spot to see everything. I felt really blessed. I will have to get some pictures from Jean, because I didn't have my camera. Travis Cottrell lead worship, and he was great! He sang a few special music selections, and he has a great voice. His music is really powerful! After the conference Friday night, a group of us went walking to find a restaurant. We ended up going to 8th Street grill. It was a fun place, and we sat outside under an umbrella. It was a great night, and the weather was beautiful!
Friday night, I started getting cold symptoms with the running nose, stuffy head, and just feeling a bit crummy. I slept bad that night, too. I heard all the sirens, and everything just kept me up. Being pregnant, it was a rough day on Saturday with lack of sleep. We had a rush breakfast, cinnamon pretzel with a smoothie, on the way to the conference. I wish I felt better and slept better to get more out of the conference on Saturday. I did think it was an amazing, and uplifting conference. Beth was a breath of fresh air. I really want to do one of her Bible studies sometime. I will try to get pictures from Jean, and post them on here for you all this week.

Saturday, when I got home, I was a bit out of it. I took a late nap, ate a late supper, and watched a bit of Fun with Dick & Jane...a weird movie.

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

I'm glad you gals had fun! It would have been a very crazy weekend for me if I had attempted it. I wish you could have made it to Anna's daughter's wedding, I think she felt very in need of support from her friends. Even her parents left the reception before the bride and groom even got there! Mom and I stayed until the dance, but we missed the wedding because we were trapped in Target because of a tornado, and then the wedding was moved anyways to a location we didn't know about, lol.

Anonymous said...

I just love Beth Moore she is such a fantastic speaker and such a godly woman. Glad you got to go and hear her speak.