Thursday, July 24, 2008

Maddie is really learning lots!

I have sung a little tune with Caleb when he was about 18-24 months old. Here is how it goes,"Caleb, Caleb, what are you doing now?" As he got a little older, I would sing it to him like this, "Caleb, Caleb, what are you doing___?" I left out "now," and he would sing the now word. So, on Wednesday, Caleb was taking a nap, and Maddie and I were in the kitchen. She was playing in her highchair, and I was putting the dishes away. I love talking and singing to her...and I do it almost all the time. So, this time, I sang, "Maddie, Maddie, what are you doing___?" KNOW WHAT SHE SANG? Yep, that is right, she sang, "NOW!" I couldn't believe it! So, I just had to sing it again without the last word, and she filled it in just like that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caleb has been singing a lot of different songs lately. One of his favorites is, "The ants go marching one by one, horrah, horrah!" So, today Maddie was singing (jumble mumbling) something, then she was singing, "Horrah, Horrah!" She was singing the ants go marching, but she couldn't pronounce the rest of the words, just Horrah, Horrah! How cute is that??

6 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

That is VERY cute!!! Amazing how much they take in...singing is so good for them too!!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable, I always and still do sing to my girls only now it's VBS songs we sing. LOL Have a wonderful weekend

Saph said...

How cute!!! I love hearing my 3 yr old singing along to her daddy's christian reggae/rap cds! It's so cute.
She loves to sing Jesus Loves Me also. :)

Fratzels said...

That is fantastic. I kinda forgot about this song, so now I will need to teach it to my little man!

Qtpies7 said...

Maddie is such a great talker! Just like her mama! I bet she'll love to sing as much as both of her parents.

Gretchen said...

Those are such fun years! Enjoy every single second of them because they will just fly by. Next thing you know, you're house will be populated by TEENAGERS!