Monday, July 28, 2008

Celebrating in "kidnap" style

My dear friends, Lisa, Pauline, Jody and Jeannie kidnapped me last Wednesday night to celebrate my birthday. I had such a great time! I had no idea where we were going. The tradition has been to go out for dinner, but they changed the norm this time. We went to see Mama Mia! I laughed so hard in that movie! I loved it so much! I think it was a superb chick flick, and I was happy to be sitting with my dear friends. You have got to see this movie! I think my favorite parts are when all the women are singing, and all the men are singing. Trust me, you just have to see it. I will not give it away! I think this is a movie I want to own in my collection. Here is a couple of pictures from the evening...


Left to Right: Lisa, me, Jody, Jeannie and Pauline.

After the movie, we went to one of our favorite restaurants, Applebee's, and had some treats. I didn't have supper, so I was feeling the need for food. We did have the yummy popcorn at the theater, so I wasn't starving. Looking at our table after we ordered, though, you would think we were all starving!


We ordered the sampler (which is huge), the chicken quesadillas, spinach artichoke dip with chips, onion rings, and loaded nachos. CRAZY~ we didn't eat all that food, though. It was very good and tasty. Then I got to end the celebration with a strawberry sundae with a serenade from the wait staff.

Thank you ladies for a very memorable birthday celebration! I look forward to "kidnapping" the next victim! :)

6 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

I am glad to hear that that movie was really good! I think my mom and I are going to see it!! All that food looks soooo....good!!! But you know how that is when your pg!!! LOL

Qtpies7 said...

It was a blast! I really didn't have much hope of Mama Mia being funny, but it was!
I think I am going to go see it again and bring Donnie. Mom wants to go again, too, lol. Maybe we'll bring Donnie's mom, too.

jpandtheboys said...

oh how fun. You have some fun traditions for your birthday! I need to do something like that! I wish I could have celebrated with you! I am sorry. I do love you. ;)

Gretchen said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! I've been wanting to see that movie and now you've given me the extra push to drag hubby to see it. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see that, Some friends and I are going to the movies on Friday but we can't decided between that and Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2

Fratzels said...

Oh my word - you so make me want a girls' night!

I nominated you for an award on my site yesterday. http://acaligirl.blogspot.com