Monday, July 7, 2008

Busy weekend with a break

I am sorry I have been off and away from the computer over the weekend. We had a busy, and relaxing (somewhat) weekend. Friday, we had our family reunion. It was fun! It was great to see my family and relatives. The day was beautiful out...not too hot/cold, but just right. The kids went swimming at my cousin's beach area, and they had a big trampoline. Maddie wanted to go in, too, even though it was cold. She ended up sitting inside of a tube, and the water was kind of warm in there. My brother and sister-in-law were playing with her in there. Then, Terry took her more into the water until she started shivering.
There were a total of 5 pregnant women there! Three of my cousins are pregnant (due Sept., Oct. and Dec.) and then it was me (Jan.) and my sister-in-law (Jan.). It was great to talk about all the babies that will be there next Fourth of July.
There was an abundance of food! It was a potluck supper, and they had roasted a pig. It was tasty! My aunt made a cake to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding Anniversary, so that was the dessert. It was fun to look at my parent's wedding album, too. We ended the night and headed for home about 11:00. There were a few fireworks on the lake, but we had our great display the night before, so it was OK.
Saturday, we hung out at home in the morning, then we went to Terry's Aunt's house. They live on a lake, too. When we got there, the little kids were just finishing a water balloon fight. So, Nathaniel had fun making water balloons. Then, Maddie and Caleb had fun playing in the sand box. We need to get a big pile of dirt, or a sandbox, because they had so much fun playing in there. Nathaniel went swimming off the dock, and he had a great time. He said it was chilly getting out, but the water was warm. We had a great supper there, too. It was a potluck style meal...which is always great for variety. We went home about 10 PM that night.
Sunday, we went to church and hear another great sermon. It was communion Sunday, too...so, of coarse Caleb wanted a "snack" too. But, he was declined. After church, we went grocery shopping, and went home to have a quick lunch. I was on my way to go back to church to help my friend, Lisa, with her son's graduation party. I was there for the whole party to help, and then for the clean up. It was fun to be there to help, but I knew my feet were going to be aching. It was a great party! When I got home, I made supper. Terry thought the kids ate at the grad party, but they didn't so, they were hungry. OH well, we had an 8:00 supper. Then, we got the kids to bed, and we went to bed.

So, my weekend was busy, and I didn't really have a whole lot of time for blogging. I hope you all had a super weekend, and remembered those who fought, and who are fighting for our freedom and our country! I have a few reviews and giveaways this week! Hope you all have a super week!

3 comments:

Milk Mama said...

Hi Sarah! Oh my goodness! Sounds like you had a very busy and very fun week! Oh I've been awful lately about keeping up on my blogging. I've felt bad, but life has been busy. I'm starting to get into the groove again. =) I've been working hard lately trying to get Miss Anna to sleep through the night lol. So I'm exhausted, but boy she sure seems rested! Argh! LOL!

jpandtheboys said...

I completely understand. I have been going in spurts with blogging. I won't blog for several days and then all of the sudden have 3-4 posts at once. Whoopsie. Life gets busy. We all understand. Our weekend was really busy too. I have the next two weekends being very busy. BUT my photography blog will be updated. :) love you, miss you!!

Gretchen said...

What a great weekend! Glad you had some time off and just had fun. :)