Sunday, July 13, 2008

My kids are back

We had a great time reconnecting with the kids. It was a warm welcome to see them when we picked them up tonight. They just kept hugging us. I think they are really happy to be home. Madelyn just loved running around the house. She kept tackling me and hugging me. I got many kisses, too. Tonight, Caleb kept saying, "Mom/Dad, I missed you." Nathaniel got his good share of hugs and kisses, too. Caleb was mister chatty box on the way home and he was being silly.

They had a great time with Grandma, and I am so thankful that she is so wonderful! She was willing to take the kids from Thursday night-Sunday. That is great for the kids to get some special time with her, Great Grandma, aunts and uncles and their cousins. It was nice to have some down time, get some things done, and just have some time to connect with Terry. We both had separate plans through the weekend, so we are hoping next month to have a get-away for a weekend for our Anniversary. We already have the green light for my amazing Mother-in-law to take care of our kiddos again. Thank you, Mom-in-law, for being so great with your grand kids, and for being the best MIL a gal could have! We love you!

7 comments:

Milk Mama said...

Wow! A weekend away from the kiddos... I should try that in the future lol...

Oh I love the names Madelyn and Madeleine, but the latter is Mad-uh-line. =)

Oky doke... I just posted some new pics of Anna. They turned out so cute... She's actually beginning to get some hair... LOL. Ponies by 2!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great weekend and it's nice to have a weekend to yourself every once and a while.
I have a great MIL too :)

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Glad they are back safely!!! I bet it as nice to have a break though!!

Stephanie said...

My mother-in-law is amazing too! I don't know what we'd do without her. :)

Qtpies7 said...

You do have the best MIL in the world, we all think so! My mom is great about taking the kids, too, but now that she lives with us, they don't go far, lol.

Gretchen said...

Coming home is always the best. :)

Our anniversary is next month, too. We're staying at one of the most haunted inns in America - The Farnsworth Inn, Gettysburg and we have their most haunted room! I'm beyond excited!!!

Fratzels said...

Absence realy does make the heart grown fonder.
Our anniversary is next week, but the in-laws are on vacation, so we won't do anything for it. Maybe we will do something crazy like make lobster for dinner!