Friday, May 16, 2008

My little girl~ and other info.

I brought Madelyn to the Doctor on Wednesday to get her checked out. The doctor said her ears and lungs were clear. (Thank God!) So, she is fighting some kind of virus. Since she did have a croupy sounding cough on Tuesday night, he said that she could have croup. It is harder to diagnose that, and he could put her on steroids. The side effects aren't fun, though. It would be like giving her caffeine. So, we decided to not put her on anything right now. Her weight was only 17 3/4 pounds, and she is 28 inches long. She is such a little person! I am anxiously waiting the day when she will reach 20 pounds, and then I can officially get her into a front facing car seat!

I had my first baby appointment on Wednesday afternoon. I had 6 vials of blood drawn! That is crazy! The most I have had in the past was 4 vials! They test everything with those. Then, because my mom has diabetes, I had to do an early glucose test. I have never done this test so early before. It was perfectly fine, though. I haven't had gestational diabetes with any baby (yet) and hopefully I won't with any baby. My urine test revealed that I am POSITIVELY pregnant. Then, I talked with the NP about my history with pregnancies, and my miscarriage. Then, we scheduled an early ultra-sound for TODAY! I am excited to see how far along I really am. I am also looking forward to seeing that little heart beating. According to the clinic, I would be due on December 18th, but I know I am not a 28 day cycle. I am at least a 31 day...so, at the earliest I would be due on the 21st. I am thinking it will show me due more around the 26th, though. I guess we will find out soon enough!

Yesterday morning we had momma goose and daddy goose in our backyard with their 12 little babies! They were helping mow our lawn and leaving little treasures for us. They were so cute! I can't believe how many babies there were! Caleb wanted us to keep a little baby chick. I told him that the baby's mom and dad would not be happy if we took their baby. I said I wouldn't be happy if someone took him away from me either!
Last night we went on a pontoon ride. It was super fun to be out there enjoying nature and God's creation! Madelyn had fun walking around, and peeking down at the water. When we got back, Caleb was walking off the dock. I didn't really notice what he was doing, but I heard him say, "It's a marshmallow." I said, "What?" And he said, "It is a marshmallow!" OH NO~~ I said, "Oh no, Caleb, that is not a marshmallow, that is goose poop! Did you touch it?" He said, "Yep!" Oh that was so gross!!

This weekend we are heading to Terry's Mom and Grandma's for the weekend. Terry's sister's birthday is on Sunday, so we will celebrate her b-day. I am looking forward to seeing family, and seeing Caleb play with his cousins. It is suppose to be a nice weekend, too! So, I will probably not be online at all this weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a Christmas baby to me,
congratulations and have a wonderful fun weekend with your family.

Jonebug said...

I need to read your blog more often to keep up with you!!! Congrats on the pregnancy, that's awesome! Love ya!

Grandma J said...

Don't be roasting any of those "lawn marshmallows"! When I was a kid, we had a whole gaggle of geese on our "farm". My grandpa always called them "stupid-sa-gooses". My grandpa was always pretty weird though.

Have fun at your ultra-sound appt today! You know what Lisa will be looking for...although it's prolly a little early for that!!! LOL!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

How exciting!! A christmas baby!! I am also born in December!! Hope you have a great weekend together!

Anonymous said...

I would aim for as far away from Christmas as you could...speaking from experience. :)

Have a great weekend...post on the ultrasound before you leave - I love watching for the heartbeat and just watching them move. We are so excited for you!

Milk Mama said...

How exciting!!! I'm a tad jealous! This is so exciting!!! :D
Oh your little girl is so itsy bitsy! :D Let's pray she gets and stays healthy. :) I couldn't imagine a 17 pound 28 inch little thing WALKING around! It just seems impossible in my mind since Anna was a big baby. I bet she is the cutest little thing on two feet right now! ;)

windycindy said...

Best wishes for your pregnancy! I hope your daughter feels much better very soon. My oldest son was around a year old or so and we heard this strange sound on his monitor! It sounded like there was a seal in his room. It was croup. I turned on the shower to create steam and my husband stayed with him there. I called the doctor and he said to do what we were doing. It really helped. Take care,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

windycindy said...

Aren't children funny?! It is things like the goose poop that bring back memories to me. Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com