Saturday, May 24, 2008

Garage Sale Day!

This weekend my Mother-in-Law and Terry's grandma came down for a visit and to celebrate Caleb's 3rd birthday. We had decided to spend the day on Friday going to garage sales. I was on a mission to find summer clothes for Nathaniel, maybe some swim trunks for him, and some PJ's. I wanted to find some summer clothes for Caleb, too. I walked away from a whole day of sales with a TV and a tube for behind the boat. However, my Mother-in-Law is a bargain shopper and really blessed us with clothes! She found Caleb PJs, shorts, pants, and shirts. She found some maternity jeans, slacks, sweats, and tops for me. She is so kind and generous! Thank you, Cheryl! It was a fun day. We went to McDonald's for lunch. It was comical watching this dad take care of his rambuncious boys. One of his sons kept bringing his drink up in the playset. His dad was so frustrated, and kept putting it back on the table. When the dad thought he had it all under control again, he looked over and noticed the cup was MIA AGAIN! The look on his face was priceless! It was really funny.

Friday night, Terry and I brought Nathaniel to go to his Dad's for the weekend. His Dad told me he was diagnosed with Melanoma Type A. Melanoma is the most serious type of skin cancer, and that is scary! I am not sure what Type A is, and I can't find anything online about type A. He is not sure what all is going to happen, but he will find out more on the 16th of June. He wanted us to know about it before he told Nathaniel about it. I asked him to be careful with how and what he says to Nathaniel because Nathaniel is so sensitive to bad news...and he is a worrier like his mom. His Dad said he would be careful. I will be praying for his Dad...and that everything is ok with minimal spreading.
After we dropped off Nathaniel we stopped at a Hobby store so Terry could check out some products and pricing. Then we went to Karaoke at our church. It was a lot of fun! It is fun to get together with friends and sing some tunes, too. Terry was happy that Lisa's hubby was there. He sang, too! It was hilarious when he sang The Streak~ I have never heard that before! What a funny song!

3 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE garage sales!! I find all kinds of good preschool toys!

Anonymous said...

I love to go to garage sales, you never know what your gonna find. :)

Anonymous said...

I also am a big garage sale lover!! That's the one thing I look forward to when spring hits.. going out in hunt of the deals! :)

I'm sorry to hear about Nataniel's Dad. I hope they caught it early enough and it doesn't spread. I'll keep Nataniel in my prayers for I know as a kid that will be hard news to deal with.