Saturday, May 17, 2008

Friday

Well, yesterday, Madelyn was a bear pretty much all morning. She wanted to be held constantly, so I know she really wasn't feeling well. I think mostly her teeth are really bothering her. I really hope they burst through this weekend.

Caleb started a cough and a "headache" in the earlier afternoon, just before we headed out to go to the ultrasound. So, I gave him some Tylenol, and we left. I knew he was tired, too, and the timing of the drive was perfect for him and Maddie to sneak in a nap.

I went to pick up my friend, Lisa, because she offered to come with me. I wanted someone to be with me for two reasons, for support, and also to help with Maddie and Caleb if need be. So, she was willing to come. I am so glad she was with me.

The news from the ultra-sound was disturbing to me. It was calculating the baby to measure at 5 weeks and 3 days. I am still trying to figure out if that is possible, just for peace of mind. The tech saw the yolk sak and what looked like a possible lining starting. BUT, she didn't see anything else. No little baby, and no heart beat. It is possible that my timing is way off, and everything is normal for the pregnancy, but I am not so optimistic. I do want to say, that I am at peace with whatever the outcome is. It would be sad to not be pregnant right now, and not be adding on to our family at this time. However, I know that EVERYTHING is in God's timing, and HIS timing is perfect! If we don't have a little one on the way, I just need to remind myself that God has a plan, and He knows what He is doing. I will still pray for our little baby, and that he/she is healthy and growing.

On the way back from the ultra-sound, Lisa dropped me off at the clinic so I can request a blood draw to check the HCG levels. When a pregnancy is progressing normally, these numbers increase (basically double) daily. So, I had a draw on Friday, then I will have a re-draw on Monday morning. The NP informed me that everything is normal, and I really shouldn't worry. She was trying to talk me out of doing a blood draw, because she said the numbers can be deceiving. The numbers may or may not go up, but it really doesn't verify the progress. She said the best identifier would be the ultra-sound. I do have a re-check on the early ultra-sound for 2 weeks away. At that time, if everything is all good and normal, we will see a heartbeat. So, I will do my best to not worry or stress about what the results may be.

Another thing that happened on Friday....when Lisa dropped me off, she went to get Nathaniel from school. I gave her misleading and wrong directions, and she got lost...ended up at the wrong school, and we were all worried. Nathaniel's office called our house to see what was up, and since there wasn't an answer, she tried my cell phone. My cell phone went through the wash machine a couple of weeks ago, so that didn't work either. Then, they called Terry at work. Since he was 45-50 minutes away, he asked if someone could drop Nathaniel off at home! Oh what a mess! Fortunately, the Principal was willing and able to give him a ride. Lisa was a bit frantic, and she did catch up with them. After about 30 minutes of waiting, I got concerned and I called home. They were there, filled me in on what happened, and then Lisa came and got me. I feel terrible about giving her wrong directions, having Nathaniel waiting and worried, and having the school upset with me. That just added to my sad afternoon. I do thank Lisa for being willing to get Nathaniel, and for all her trouble. So, thank you Lisa!

Caleb was running a pretty good fever last night, has a nasty cough, and a really runny nose.
So, Now that Caleb is sick, I am dealing with either a cold or allergies and Maddie isn't 100% we decided to just stay home this weekend. I am sad we couldn't go up to see Terry's Grandma and Mom...and our other family. But, I do think it is wise to stay home to let our kids get over another round of the sicknesses.

8 comments:

Milk Mama said...

Oh no! It's just illness after illness! I pray that your house is full of healthy children and no more illness from now on! *hugs*
I'm sure that the U/S was right and nothing is wrong. It's hard to detect heartbeats before a certain date. :)
I use http://www.picnik.com/ for putting my name on photos. It's much easier than photoshop (it doesn't have to load) so I use it quite often. (I know that Picnik is misspelled, but it's spelled right. ;) You upload the photo then click on "Create" and add text there, then resave it to your computer under a different name so it doesn't overwrite the original copy.
Sarah

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Wow Sarah I am so sorry about such a day! You had a lot going on!! I will be praying for you about the baby and all of these sicknesses going around. Take care this weekend!! God is in control, His timing is the best!

Jeremiah 29:11

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you had such a rough day Friday. From sick kids once again to the ultrasound then to your friend picking up Nathaniel, but having wrong directions. I hope today went much better for you.

Can I just say I LOVE your outlook regarding the ultrasound. "EVERYTHING is in God's timing, and HIS timing is perfect!" I couldnt agree more!

windycindy said...

Hi, I am sending prayers and positive thoughts your way! God bless you and your family.....Take care,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your house to get well, and also for you and your pregnancy. You said it best, God is in control and HE knows the plans he has for you.

Great is thy faithfullness.

Qtpies7 said...

I was just so worried about getting Nathaniel. I'm just glad it finally worked out. But I still can't figure out how 4 different people all told me the school was on 45 when it was on 46! LOL

I really believe that everything is OK with this baby. Trusting in God's perfect will is the best course, though. You will get through this either way.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you and the baby.

Sorry you didn't get to travel this weekend and that you're having sick kids again.

Canoearoo said...

You can count on my prayers! Having a yolk sack and a fetal pole are great signs. I'm sure a heart beat will be soon to follow