Monday, August 11, 2008

They're Back! Banana Splits!

The hugely popular costumed rock band from the ‘60s, Banana Splits, is back! I didn't grow up in the 60's, but if I did, I bet I would have enjoyed this group! The music of the new Banana Splits is catchy, upbeat, and fun. The music and videos on the Banana Split website are fun to watch. On the website, starting this month, kids ages 4-7 comedy shorts and music videos. Kids can also join the Banana Splits fan club. The website has phone number that kids can call (with their parents help and permission) to call in their funny joke. Then, they can keep checking the Banana Splits website to see if their joke is the featured joke of the week. There is also a way that kids can e-mail their comments to the Banana Splits.
Starting Sept 2, The Banana Splits will star in brand new comedy shorts and music videos on Cartoon Network. This Fab Four – Fleegle (a dog), Drooper (a lion), Bingo (a gorilla) and Snorky (an elephant) – is ready to introduce their unique style of humor and catchy music to a whole new generation of young fans. I think that Bingo is my favorite character, so far! It will be fun to see more of this Quad groupie on the Television show.

I think that this will be a fun comedy show for the kids to watch. I also like that the website is very kid friendly and easy to use. Go check them out~HERE.


No comments: