Sunday, August 17, 2008

Birthdays and Farewells

Yesterday afternoon, we (Grandma, Caleb, Maddie and I) went to my sister's daughter's birthday celebration. Her birthday was earlier this week. We also celebrated her son's birthday (December) and her other daughter's birthday (October), because they won't be here for their birthdays. We also were there for a farewell for my niece (her oldest daughter) for her move to her Dad's.

Here are some pictures of the day...




This is my niece who had her birthday on the 12th of August. She had a bad bruise on her chin from a run-in with the cement sidewalk a few days ago.

I love how she is looking at her brother when his turn came to blow out his candles. He will have his birthday in December. It was cute, when we were singing, "Happy Birthday to you...", he was singing, "Happy Birthday to me!"
This is my niece who will celebrate her Birthday in October.
Fun with the cousins!





Save the paper!!
Modeling for her picture.
The grand daughters get a special porcelain doll every year of their birthday, from age one to eighteen. All the girls look forward to this special gift from Grandma and Grandpa.
All the boys get tractors until age 5, I believe.
*We went to the Splash Pad for the birthday/farewell party, too...but I am posting those pictures another day.


This is a picture of my sister and her four kids. She is currently a single mom, but planning on marrying soon.
I am not going to get into all the details of my sister's situation, and choices. But I do ask for prayer for their family, and mostly for her kids. We will miss them, and they will be far away. There is some good to that, but a lot of it is scary. I pray that God will protect them, and that she will surrender to HIM~~Please keep my sister and her kids in your prayers. Please pray that my sister will make wise choices, and that her choices and actions will honor God. Thanks!


5 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Very cute pics!! Your neice looks like she had so much fun, and that pic of her looking at her brother is sweet! I will keep her in my prayers, I can tell this is a tough situation.

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had a fun time!! That bruise on your neice looks nasty! I bet that really hurt. I will also keep your sister & kids in my prayers.

Milk Mama said...

Aw it looks like you guys had a great time! Your nieces and nephew are so beautiful!I love that photo of your children with your nieces and nephews... so cute! :D

Thank you for stopping by and chatting with me. Oh my goodness, I have been in such a slump as far as blogging goes lately. I just don't have much to say. Life is all blah hehe... oh well. :D But it has been a nice summer. Sometimes uneventful can be nice. :D

Gretchen said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Eryn said...

Oooh what a smart idea having a tradition in regards to birthday presents. I think that would take a lot of stress out of birthday and Christmas shopping! And what little boy doesn't love tractors!?

Your family looks wonderful, and don't kids always get some huge bruise or scrape right before you'll be taking pictures that you keep for a lifetime? I think it's some sort of law ;)