Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Vusion ointment: treat the bum with ease

Don't you want to just cry when your baby or toddler suffers from diaper rash? Sometimes I do cry right along with them. I hate when I add to their pain with wiping their tush when it is soar. I have had a hard time finding something that actually works for their little bum! It seems that some creams or ointments just irritate their little bottom more. I know next time I have Maddie or Caleb in for a check up, I will be sure to ask about the new ointment called Vusion. Here is the company statements: *Vusion was specifically formulated for the treatment of diaper dermatitis complicated by documented candidiasis (DDCC) in infants 4 weeks and older. This inflammatory condition occurs when diaper dermatitis, also known as diaper rash, is complicated with a fungal infection caused by yeast known as Candida. The existence of Candida is readily is readily determined by microscopic evaluation for presence of pseudohyphae or budding yeast. Vusion was approved by the FDA in February 2006 and is the only prescription product approved for the treatment of this condition in the United States. * I am hoping that this prescription ointment will bring some relief to my baby's bottom.

No comments: