Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Getting ready for the weekend

This weekend we will be off for camping. I am excited to camp, mostly. It will be interesting to camp with a 3 year old, and a 17 month old (she will be 17 months on Saturday). We haven't camped out this year yet, and we didn't go last year, because the time we planned to go, it was pouring out. We have a tent. I wish we had the luxury of a pop-up, but we don't. With little kids, I wish we had a pop-up, or a RV. So, I am really hoping it doesn't rain on us. Luckily, we aren't going too far away from home. I think it will be a really fun time, and I will have to take lots of pictures so I can show you all. My dear friend, Lisa, is going, too. As long as she doesn't get sick (or say she is sick). She doesn't like to camp or be outdoors, so she does like to try to get out of it all. I am praying for your health, Lisa!
I hope to have a swim suit that fits, because there is a pool there. I love swimming in pools, and my opportunities to swim are slim. I look forward to swimming with the kids, too. I think Maddie and Caleb will love it. I know Nathaniel loves it.
I don't look forward to the food preparation. Terry and I are all about keeping it simple, and easy. Any suggestions?

9 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Go you!! I am married to a big camper, I have only been once and that was when I was in middle school!! I think its a good family thing to do though, kids can be messy and just have fun! For food you could do simple like hotdogs, chips, fruit, sandwiches if you have like a cooler...etc....For our wedding 2 years ago we registered for so much camping stuff and have yet to use it..I think we better do that soon!! :)

哈亞斯 said...

Happy blogoversary!

Life beside the edge

Qtpies7 said...

It IS your blogaversary today! Whoa! What a year! You've come a long way, baby! Congratulations!
My 2 year is coming up this month.

Qtpies7 said...

Oh, and I feel your prayers. I felt sure I was coming down with a kidney infection on Monday, so I made sure not to drink anymore water since then. But it is gone.
I may be able to get a baaaaad toothache and need to have surgery by Friday. But that would require a trip to the dentist, and you know I'm not going there. I'd rather go camping. If my appendix could just go haywire so I need surgery......... I'm hoping on that one.

Teena in Toronto said...

Have fun!

Happy blogoversary!

Qtpies7 said...

Well, I'm not sick. But Devon and Hope-Anne are both feeling like puking. Donnie called it off. Sam was really fussing and crying bad last night, too.
What is it that every weekend our kids start getting sick? I am really getting tired of this! And I really didn't want the kids to miss camping, so I do feel bad. I am going to try to talk Donnie into coming and visiting for awhile with whomever feels good on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary!!
Have fun on your camping trip this weekend. We love camping but haven't gone this year yet, maybe when it gets a lot cooler.
Can't wait to see pictures!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

I came back just to say have fun this weekend!!!! Take pics!!

Workship said...

Have fun camping. I'm impressed! I'm not a camper person, and I find it amazing to hear about people who are pregnant and with little ones who want to go! You are an awesome sport. Have fun!!!