Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pregnancy hormones at it's best!

OK, I know pregnancy brings on a whole new ray of hormones (the good, the bad, and *sometimes* the ugly)...but, with my last three pregnancies, I have experienced laughter at a brand new level. I know this is a good, no GREAT thing...but, it is a bit silly.

Tonight, we were driving out on some back country roads on our way home. We drove into a neighborhood to look at some homes. This one house had the most rocks for their landscaping that I have ever seen. I was dazzled! I couldn't believe how many rocks there were! Big, huge rocks to medium outlining their yard, trees, flowers, making paths on both sides of the two driveways~ seriously, I wish I had my camera. Anyway, Terry and I were talking about the rock landscaping, and I was commenting over and over how many there were. Then he said it. The sentence that threw this pregnant, hormone flaring mom overboard! He said, "That yard rocks." Oh I lost it. I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. I had tears streaming down my checks. I could barely talk. Yes, he thought I cracked (or was on it), and Nathaniel said, "I don't understand what is so funny!" Know what? Neither did I!! The only logical explanation is that I am pregnant, and it struck those pregnancy hormones into laughing hysterically. I had to think really hard to NOT think of his funny comment. Just writing this still creates a bit of a chuckle.

OK, now you think I have gone nutz-o, too. It's alright. I just say, "It's because I am pregnant." It's what pregnant people do. Every good and bad thing that happens during pregnancy..."The baby made me do it!" It's my story and I am sticking to it.

5 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Exactly! That's definitely my excuse right now, too!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Qtpies7 said...

I know your humor, you would have laughed even if you weren't pregnant, lol. Maybe not as hard, but still would have tickled your funny bone!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Thats what I say too!! Or if I really want something, I will tell my hubby, "The baby wants it." This is a funny story!! I was laughing like this the other day too..tears and all. Reading this story made me laugh!!!

JR Photography said...

Hey it's a good way to get exercise when you are pregnant!! :) I laugh about silly things like that when I am not pregs so I guess I am just nutz-o all the time. :) LOVE YOU!! I need to see you so that we can laugh hysterically together. We do this well. love you and miss you TONS!