Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Next up to bat....

OK, so the kids are still sick. Maddie had a nasty diaper early this morning, and then by 9 she had a humongous blow-out! I learned when you do the "sniff-test" to their little bottoms, to NOT touch your nose to their clothes. Can I get a, "NASTY!!"? Oh, yes, it was quite gross. So, Maddie was on her way to the tub for a bath. After her bath, I was drying her off, when Caleb decided he was to throw up. It was a challenge to hold on to Maddie while getting Caleb to the toilet....then, to proceed to hold his head down with every cough. Oh, the joys of mommy hood. I was just glad that I had Madelyn out of the tub. I think Caleb had a reaction to what I gave him for breakfast (Coco Pebbles). I would like to think the stomach bug is out of him...but, I can't say for sure. His lips are tinted a bit blue today and his breathing is a little staggered...so, I have to nebulize him, too. Terry and I believe he has asthma, unfortunately. It is a busy household this morning. I was supposed to start babysitting yesterday, but between her daughter and my kids being sick...we need to wait it out. Hmm...I wonder when we can start calculating the 24 hour safe mark? Will we ever get well?

2 comments:

Me said...

I'm sorry the kids are still sick, that is so hard!!! We will pray that you will all feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Oh, I really, really feel for you! When there is that kind of sickness in the house, it takes forever to go away. Especially when it starts being passed around.