Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The hits just keep coming~

We had another long night. I gave Madelyn banana slices for supper, and 10 minutes later she puked them up. Terry gave her baby oatmeal about 30 minutes later. She kept all that down until 2:00 AM. I woke up to her puking all over the two of us, and the bed. I am so ready to be done with this! I really don't want to wake up to her doing that anymore. Spit up is one thing...my milk leaking is one thing...but this is horrendous! So, after her and I took a shower together, she was NOT ready to sleep. I wasn't sure if I should nurse her or not. Terry said I really shouldn't in bed anymore. OH BUT I NEED MY SLEEP~ I do understand, though...I really don't like changing all the bedding in the wee hours of the morning, either. I tried to get her to go back to sleep by nursing and rocking. Every time I laid her in the crib (while she was sleeping) she woke up crying. She was suffering with really bad gas, and I think her little tummy was so bloated and uncomfortable. Finally, I was so tired that I told Terry it was his turn to try getting her to sleep. I feel bad doing that when he has to get up at 4:30 AM for work, but I knew that I needed to get some sleep at this point.
He did get her to sleep, and we both got a little more sleep. Madelyn woke up at 5:00 AM and she did not want to sleep anymore. This is the second day, in a row, with waking up that early! I am not a morning person, so this is not that great for me. Caleb was up at 6:15. I long for a time when I can go to bed...sleep THROUGH the night, and get up when I am ready! OK, I know you are laughing, because it is wishful thinking, right?
Caleb ate breakfast~Oatmeal, and Maddie ate oatmeal, too. She kept her breakfast down, and he had some come back up. ARRRGH...just when I thought he was over it. Both had nasty diapers today, but at least Caleb's is getting some form to it. I know that sounds gross, but I just want them both to super heal, so we can get back to normal. At least both kids are in pretty good spirits (minus the whining). Lately I have thought, 'Really, do I want more kids?'

4 comments:

Workship said...

I totally get the want-to-go-to-bed-and-just-sleep thing. When you can't, and you're so tired - Oh, been there. I can't believe they still are fighting that crud! I feel so for you! My girlfriend's girls, 13 & 10, had the crud like that that lasted about 5 days(I think) and then still took awhile to get their energy back. Maybe that's the one y'all have? (sorry) Times like those I remember wishing I could have someone knock us out and wake us up in a week or so.
Hang in there!! We'll pray for some encouragement.

Rob Brink said...

Our boys have been doing this trading germs thing for a while too. Looks like we're coming to the end of it as they both seem to be on the mend. I love naps. Naps are gifts from God.

Unknown said...

So, DO you want more kids? I know in the thick of days like that, that was the last thing I wanted. Good thing there's good days!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Oh boy, I hope things have calmed down since this post! And, um, you're not really selling kids on me right now either ;)