Thursday, June 5, 2008

Now I know what it is...

I brought Maddie to the Dr. He said that the rash was probably caused from fevers all week. When he pushed on the spots, they went away, then when he lifted his fingers they reddened again. He said that is similar to a heat rash, or a rash from fevers. If the redness didn't go away, that would imply that maybe it was a viral rash of some sort. She does have a double ear infection. I am thinking this may be her first ear infection. He said there was quite a bit of fluid in there. I feel so terrible for not bringing her in on Monday or Tuesday, but it is hard to know if it is "just a virus that has to run it's coarse," or it is something more serious. Well, I am glad to know that she will be treated with Amoxicillin now, and she should start perking up tomorrow night or Saturday! YEAH!! I also picked up Poly-Vi-Sol vitamin drops for her, toddler vitamins for Caleb, and the infant Tylenol and Motrin drops. So, I am going to make sure that Caleb and Maddie get vitamins everyday now. That won't hurt them, and maybe it will help protect their immune systems better.

8 comments:

Milk Mama said...

I know how you feel... should I take her in or let the virus do its thing? It's hard to say sometimes.

I think the vitamins will make a huge difference! I hope it will help to protect their immune systems better. ;)

Jen said...

Poor Maddie! I hope the Amoxicillin kicks in and she starts feeling better soon.

I hear ya on never knowing for sure what to do. I hate going to the doctor to hear there is nothing we can do.. that will be $20!

jpandtheboys said...

Oh Sarah I am so sorry that it's been so a hard week. What a bunch of craziness for you. Poor little girl, I am glad to hear that everything has been diagnosed and she has been given what she's needed to get better. I hope that you all are able to have a fun and relaxing weekend. Take care my friend.

Tonya said...

It is so hard when the little ones are sick. I do that with the vitamins too. I hope it helps keep the other kids healthy!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Maddie's rash isn't too serious, and I hope by the time you read this she's feeling much better! The vitamins will definitely help!

Anonymous said...

So glad Maddie is better and she should be back to her regular self in no time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

I came by from the Ultimate Blog Party (I'm #1248 on the list).

I'm glad your little girl Maddie is about to start feeling better! I can imagine it has been a trying week for you with her being sick and also since you're pregnant, you've got a lot going on.

Take care, and here's to a better week this week for you and your whole family! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are all feeling better now! Ear infections are *awful*. We suffered through for a year before doing tubes, which are truly a medical miracle. Hope the vitamins help everybody out!