Friday, June 20, 2008

Meeting Ronald McDonald

Last week, we went to see Ronald McDonald and watch his ever impressive magic show! Caleb was so excited about this visit...for about a week he asked everyday if that day, was THE day! So, the morning of THE day, I asked Caleb if he wanted to color him a picture. He was so thrilled to color Ronald a picture. We got to McDonald's and had our $1.00 hamburger Happy Meals for Caleb and Maddie...and waited patiently for Ronald. When he got there, Caleb and Maddie were a bit nervous. He came over to our table and started talking to Caleb. I don't think Caleb could have gotten any closer to me. I gave Caleb the picture he made Ronald, and told him to give it to him. Ronald asked Caleb if he made it himself, and wanted Caleb to sign it. Ronald was great with Caleb...and after a few minutes, Caleb thought Ronald was A.O.K. He still didn't get too close to him for the Magic Show. Here are some pictures from the great night...


Madelyn, little Miss daring, went for a climb up the Play place. Terry thought she would be OK, so, we let her go up...and she was COMPLETELY delighted!
On her way up! Look at that pure joy on her precious little face!
Here she is peeking at big brother, Nathaniel...and taking peeks at Ronald McDonald.
Here she is near the top. What a view she got! She just kept giggling, and watching everyone.

I think everyone was watching her, too...and wondering why her parents let her go up there!

Then, she got a hold of some one's shoe! What a funny little girl. She sure had a great time, though!

After the show, we headed up to a parade. The parade was so fun, and the weather was great! I can't believe the parade lasted 2 1/2 hours! I was tickled pink with all the bands that were in it! That is my absolute favorite part of the parades. So many bands/color guards/drum lines have been cut from the parades to save money. I think that is ridiculous! I was so happy to see them that night! I also got to see my home school. It was great to see my old band director still in charge. We had great seats for the parade, too...my friend, Lisa's front yard! Thanks Lisa...even though you weren't home!

7 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh how fun! When I was little Ronald McDonald came to my town and it was a blast! I bet your kids loved it, it sounds like they really did!!

Milk Mama said...

Aww how cute! Anna loves climbing in the tubes at McDonald's too! =)

Hope your trip was nice!!! =D

Milk Mama said...

I tagged you for an "award" on my blog. =)

Anonymous said...

What a great night! Ronald McDonald I love him :)

Gretchen said...

Your little girl sure looks likes she's having the time of her life. :)

I know what you mean about parades and bands. At our annual parade this year, only one out of town band was there because of the cost of gas to bring them here :( So sad.

Fratzels said...

Look slike a good time was had by all. I am so afraid to let my Little Man go in those tubes. What if he doesn't come out? Then my oversized tush will have to go in after him and colapse the whole system of tubes? No, thanks!

Unknown said...

i didn't know mcdonald the clown still existed