Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Madelyn is on the mend

I have not been blogging as much this week, because my baby has been pretty sick. That, and with being pregnant, I have been tuckered out.
It has been a long week, so far, with Madelyn and her sickness. I am pretty sure it was/is a virus, but I think we are FINALLY on the tail end of it. She was pretty miserable most of the last 4 days. On Monday, her temperature actually got as high as 104.2 under the arm!! I have never seen the thermometer go that high on one of my kids! It was pretty scary. She has had so much Motrin and Tylenol the last 4 days. I am actually surprised how long the fevers lasted. Last night, her fever was 102.5 under the arm, and sometime during the night we think her fever broke. Yesterday she had about 4-5 diarrhea diapers, and today she had two. She woke up with a slightly elevated fever, and with a diarrhea diaper, we did stay home from babysitting today, too! We have missed so much babysitting with my kids being sick so much this year. It is not good for our pocketbooks, and it definitely doesn't help out Candace with us missing, either. I know she is understanding, and for that I am so grateful.

Praise God that Madelyn is doing better. Even her mood is a bit better today...even with her firey temper! :)

2 comments:

Milk Mama said...

Aw poor thing. I'm so sorry you have had to deal with so much illness in your family this year. It's hard to see little ones sick, too. :(

We've been doing fine... Nothing new, just waiting for summery weather already. It's only in the fifties and sixties here and looks that way into the future, too. Oh well... better than being ridiculously hot, I guess.
Oh I hope I win, but it looks like other pictures are doing much better. Hubby was hoping for that Wii lol. Guess we should get one the old fashioned way lol! :D

Anonymous said...

So glad she is better, it is scary when they get a really high fever but glad it broke and she is getting over it.