Monday, September 22, 2008

Our weekend~

It was a busy weekend, as you can tell, I didn't really spend much time online. Friday, I babysat all day. Then, I came home, packed my bag, made a birthday card, and got ready to head to the cities. My mother-in-law showed up during this time, and Nathaniel got home from school. Then, we left to go pick up Terry at work, because he had to work late. I was suppose to bring a change of clothes for him, but I forgot (of coarse) and we were late in getting him. I had to get gas before I left town, so that made us a little later. I was only 10-15 minutes later than planned, but I could tell I disappointed him. He was going to go set up for a train show that was on Saturday, and he wanted to be there at 6:00. So, he ended up being about 10-15 minutes late. I felt bad about not being there at 5:30, and forgetting his clothes. Anyway, we dropped him off, and then brought Nathaniel to meet his Dad. Then, since we had extra time~ Terry said set up was from 6:00-8:00~ we decided to go to McDonald's and get a cone, and let the kids play in the play area. Caleb was saying he was hungry, so I got him a cheeseburger, too. I was happy that this McDonald's had kiddy cones. (free child size cones) After they ate, Caleb ran around pretending to be Batman, and Maddie climbed right up to the top of the play place. She is not afraid at all. It was so funny when she got up to the top~ she freaked out from the bubble windows! She didn't understand that when she put her hand up to the "window" she couldn't touch it. She was weirded out by that. The little boy next to her was a few months younger, and he was holding on to it, and looking at her like, "see, it is easy to hold on to, whadda freaking out about?" When we were going to go, Maddie was still up there. Fortunately there was this nice Dad there, and he was willing to go up in there and bring her down for us. My MIL didn't want to go up there, and being pregnant, I didn't have any excitement to go up.
Picking up Terry we were about 2 minutes late. He was sitting outside (in the dark), of coarse I felt bad about that. I apologized, and told him that I thought he said set up was 6-8. He said no problem. (as the tension/frustration is building) Then, we went to Barnes and Noble for a bit. I found a great book for my friend's birthday, and she was happy to get it. After we were done, Terry and my MIL dropped me off at Jennifer's house. We couldn't find the house for almost 30 minutes, because Mapquest is all messed up! So, Terry was getting very frustrated even more so. We did find it by trial and error, and I was finally at Jen's house. I was sad that Terry and I left each other with negative feelings. BUT, we did talk about it on Saturday, and cleared it all up. Anyway, Jennifer and I had a good time. Friday night, we watch a movie, and went to bed. Saturday, she had an appointment with a bride for photography. It was fun to go with, because it is someone we both went to college with. It was fun to see her after all these years. After that, we drove around for a bit, trying hard to decide on a place to have lunch. We ended up at an Italian diner. We went back to her house, and had some great talks. Jennifer and I never run out of things to chat about. It was great to be together and spend time together. Saturday early evening, Terry picked me up after his train show, and then we went out for supper at one of our favorite restaurants: Granite City Brewery. Then, we headed home.
Yesterday (Sunday), we went to church, had lunch, and the kids and I took a nap. Terry mowed the lawn, and did some outside work. Then, we spent sometime outside, had supper, and went to get Nathaniel. My MIL stayed with Caleb and Maddie, so Terry and I just went to get Nathaniel. When we picked him up, we went over the new 35 W bridge. It is pretty at night all lit up. We stopped for a cone at McDonald's then made our way home. It was a good weekend, but it sure went fast. Today (Monday), Terry and Nathaniel went off to work and school. I colored and cut my MIL hair. It turned out very nice, I think. She just headed for home. Now, I am going to get some things caught up, and get some cleaning done. I hope you all had a great weekend!


Qtpies7 said...

Well, it sounds like you had a good weekend in spite of the twists and turns. It is always fun to spend time with friends! I heart your mother in law!

Alicia said...

You had one busy weekend my friend!! But it all sounds like fun!! Dont worry about forgetting the change of clothes, we are allowed to forget right now!!! LOL