Thursday, September 4, 2008

Finger Paint, or Food?

Maddie was needing a snack while I was preparing supper. She has been eating very well with a spoon and fork lately. She disregarded the whole spoon concept tonight and went in to enjoy her applesauce and yogurt finger-style.

I bet the coolness of the cold yogurt felt fun on her little hands. This is a great "finger paint" for toddlers! ~~Edible, too!

Look at her cute little face! Do you think she was having a fun time?

Using the spoon to scrape what little bit that was left in the container.

I love the look of determination on her face! I am glad she had a fun time!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Very cute! I am so glad you let her get messy!! If you need a good play dough recipe, email me and I will get it to you!! I am sure you already know that they love play dough, but I thought I would throw that out there to ya!!

Loving Maddie through the blog!!

Gretchen said...

That is too adorable! I have photos of A painting herself with spaghetti. Love those photos!!!

I'm Losing It! said...

What a little cutie! She's getting pretty good at feeding herself by the looks of things. Good thing, since before you know it, you'll have another one to feed.

Jody J said...

Even when they are bigger they still like to regress and play. At the daycare - the infants do use jello, pudding, or yogurt for their "art" time...

Jody J said...

Oops - great pics by the way...

Qtpies7 said...

Those are so cute! Sometimes it is such a bother when they do that, but really, they are just having a good time and learning at the same time.

Nicole said...

Good for you for encouraging this! I'm not a fun mom... if I don't plan for the mess, then I'm more often then not frustrated by it! When the kids ask for finger paints, I'm like "Ummm, what ELSE can we play with?"