Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Today is so special...

Three Years ago, today, my husband Terry and I got married in my home church. It was a great day! We had beautiful sunshine, and even a little rain. Doesn't rain mean riches? Well, we don't have riches in monetary values (yet)...but we have a great marriage. I love my husband! He is such a great provider, good communicator, Dad, handy-man, comedian, listener, friend, lover, etc...and I can go on. I want to keep this PG-13. LOL! I will tell you a little bit about our wedding....

I had 5 attendants. Terry had 5 attendants. The party included: 3 of my dear friends...(best friends), and my 2 sisters. Terry had his best friend, brother, and 3 of my brothers. I had picked pastels for the colors, and the girls had white baskets with handles that flowed with beautiful, fresh flowers from my Aunt's garden. My dress was all white and it was a sleeveless dress that had a strap around the neck. It was very simple. My little boy, Nathaniel (at age 5 1/2) was the ring bearer. Terry's cousin was our flower girl. My cousin offered to take our photos (as a gift to us), and my mother-in-law took photos. Terry's Grandma made our cake, and my Aunt did our flowers. We had a great wedding! My brother sang a song, and my Mom's quartet sang 2 songs. It was a very memorable day. Terry's best friend had everyone let off streamers and bangs after we kissed. We had our reception at a Legion Post, and we had a dinner with karaoke and a dance. Terry and I love to sing karaoke. We stayed at Terry's house that night and we opened gifts the next day...just us. It was great to do that together. We left that week for our honeymoon to Yellowstone. That, in itself...is a story...we got the best wedding gift on our honeymoon!!! We got Caleb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://qtpies7.blogspot.com/ is having a blogaversary give away! She is giving away the movie
Joshua. Go here to watch a trailer for Joshua. This is a brand new, unopened DVD of Joshua. So, go check out her blog, leave a comment, and post about this! This is a great give away...and on a very special day for both of us!! Happy Blogaversary, Qtpie!

3 comments:

Me said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding sounded beautiful!:) May God continue to bless you and your marriage!:)

ChicoryChick said...

Happy Anniversary!

Mrs. Stam said...

Happy anniversery!!!