Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Getting "ready" for school...with random thoughts...

We are getting ready for Nathaniel to go to the public school this year. We are all done with our shopping for school supplies (minus the Clorox wipes and Kleenex), and we just need a few more wintery shirts. Why does the school need Clorox wipes and Kleenex? We do pay taxes? I understand if they need help (and we voluntarily give) but to make it apart of their school list supplies? I remember when I was in school we could use the teacher's Kleenex on her desk, and we were told to wash our hands after restroom usage. What happened to the "good 'ol days"? So much has changed since I was in grade school. Kids learn things now in early elementary school that I still am naive about. It is really sad. This is such a big struggle that I have with sending Nathaniel to public school...I know the bus ride will be the worst of it. I know he belongs to God, and trust me, I will be fervently praying over him. I need to release my grasp, and give him to God...because he is not mine. I think the toughest job in the world is to be a mom.

No comments: