Saturday, February 9, 2008

De-clutter and time management

I have so many "things" in my home that I know I can let go of. I am great at holding on to almost everything, because I may need it someday. It must have something to do with being in control of my possessions. I wish I was able to be more practical, and just keep things I am actually going to use. I know I could take a few classes on being more organized and making my home less messy by just getting rid of things. I think my good friends that read my blog (you know who you are) that are super tidy and organized...need to spend a weekend with me. I need help! I know where I want to be, but I just get overwhelmed by everything I have. OK, I know that I have some of the Type A personality...so, I can be a bit of a perfectionist. AND I tend to just want to give up before I start, because I look at EVERYTHING...rather than focusing on just a couple things at a time. I need to learn to just make a check list, take baby steps, and do one thing at a time. I can rejoice in completing (that is the key) a task at a time. I think God looks at us with the same idea. He can't totally change us all at once. Well, I know He really COULD, but I don't think he wants to. I think that it takes working at one area in our life at a time. We need to surrender and "let go" areas in our life...and once we actually give it to HIM...then, we can be free. Right now, I know God is poking me...He misses me. I have been a terrible friend to Him lately. I have not given Him very much of my time. I am really going to make efforts this week to make more time for God. I have many areas in my life that take my time, but I do have control over what I do with my time. I need to work on my time management. I can make time for him. Will you ask me how I am doing at the end of the week? Ask me if I have had a few quiet times with our Father? I would appreciate the accountability.

No comments: