Thursday, April 30, 2009

He is so sweet!!

Nathaniel did the sweetest, and very loving, gesture yesterday morning. He really loves his mom~ He offered to let me sleep in by getting up with Madelyn and Caleb. He tried doing this for me on Tuesday morning, but he wasn't aware that I was up at 6:20 with Cole. I had gone down into our basement with Cole, because I didn't want to disturb my other three sleeping children. Nathaniel had got up, went into Caleb's bed and laid down. His plan was going to keep Caleb occupied in his room while I slept longer. Madelyn and Caleb share a room (for now). She is in a toddler bed and Caleb is in a full size bed. Anyway, yesterday morning, Nathaniel had got up with Caleb and Madelyn. He had them in the basement watching a video while I slept. He is so sweet. I woke up at 7:30 with Cole, and didn't even notice the time. I nursed Cole, snoozed off a bit, and woke up. I looked at the clock and it was 8:00. Nathaniel still had to get ready for school, eat breakfast, and get on the bus. I think he maybe wanted to "skip" out on school that day. Who knows, there maybe some fringe benefits to home schooling him next year if we go that route. :)

4 comments:

Anna said...

That was very thoughtful of him. He is just like his mommy when it comes to that. How precious it is to have such a thoughtful little boy.

Grandma J said...

Awww...that IS sweet. You might want to think about doing that home-schooling thing! Not me though...uh uh...nosiree bub! LOL! I can't even get Molly to do her homework now!

The Allen Family said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! I can't imagine a young boy doing that. I also love the name Cole, I have a son named Cole too. :)

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

AWWWWW...what a sweet boy!! I think you and Terry are raising him well!!