Saturday, January 10, 2009

Game Stop's “Sharpen the Mind, Shape the Body.”

I am so ready to start off this new year with the motivation to get healthier and losing my extra body insulation! The holidays tend to be magnets for pound acceleration, and now is the perfect time to accelerate in the weight loss!
Going to the gym is not in my budget, nor something I am able to do with 3, almost 4, kids. I do know that exercise is a crucial element to getting healthy, losing weight, and feeling more energized, though. I love the creative ways that video games have come up with ways to entice us to get motivated to exercise. I love playing on the Wii Fit and my Dance pad, because I don't really feel like I am "exercising." I enjoy fun gaming, but burn calories while doing it. Plus, I can enjoy a great work-out with family and friends.
Playing popular video games like My Fitness Coach or Dance, Dance Revolution make exercise fun, while games like Brain Age or Crosswords DS give your brain a workout. GameStop stores offer these titles and more and have associates on hand to help you find a good fit for you and your likes. GameStop stores offer some many fun games that your whole family can enjoy. This January, they are offering a "Sharpen the Mind, Shape the Body" initiative for the whole month that includes a special incentive to discover active gaming.
As a special incentive, all shoppers who spend $35 or more on designated products will receive a free 12-month trial subscription to their choice of Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Redbook, Good Housekeeping or Esquire. So you can stop by a local store and demo a range of titles that match your interests and skill level, then you can get out of the "poundage slump" and get into shape. GameStop sells new and used games, gaming gear and movies. You can trade in your used/new games, gear and movies and exchange for other titles. I have had good buys there, and found titles that I couldn't in other local retailer stores.
Thanks MomCentral for letting me know about the "Sharpen the Mind, Shape the Body" initiative from Game Stop!

No comments: