Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baby Appointment: week 39

My appointment went alright on Tuesday. I am probably dilated to 2, but he said baby is up so high it is hard to tell for sure. All of my baby's are high, and don't "drop" until I am in full blown labor. The Doctor did do some moving around, and it was a bit uncomfortable, but it was hard to get anywhere. I know my body is fully ready for this baby with the contractions I had over the weekend, and the baby is considered full term. So, I am SO ready, and just pray that he/she comes really soon~
We were planning on starting the process Thursday night. The Doctor said that I could check into the hospital on Thursday night, where they would put a pill in (citadel) to help ripen my cervix. Then, come Friday morning, the Doctor would see what my progress is, and start the induction. With my history of low or no amniotic fluid, we don't want something to happen to the baby, or wait until the estimated due date. The hospital didn't have an opening for that procedure for that evening. Then, there was an opening last night, so I took it. I was excited about the fact that I could be holding my baby Tuesday night or Wednesday (today).
However, after talking to Terry, he wasn't happy with that choice. He didn't want to miss as much work, and he said if the baby is fine, we should leave it alone. I agree, but I am just downhearted about it, and I do have the worry over the fluids. I am a fan of letting things be, but I am just anxious about the fluid levels, and really quite honestly, I am tired of being pregnant and having the pains. So, the Dr. and I scheduled an ultrasound for Friday morning, and we will see where everything is at. I hope that the fluids are fine, and that the baby is still fine on Friday. I am really hoping and praying that my body will naturally go into labor before Friday, so I don't have to wait much longer. I felt kind of crampy this morning when I woke up, but that is it. I want to clean the house, but I have no motivation or desire.

12 comments:

Sarah Hedlund said...

I had the same thing happen with low fluid. My Dr only did one sono at 20 weeks, so they had no clue. Anyways, Hope you go into labor before friday! Good luck!

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

Almost there...I got induced with both of mine and I wish I would know what naturally going into labor felt like. I will be thinking of you the next few days!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetie! I know you're anxious but give your body a chance, do a little walking, have some sex, and you may just help the process along. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I have had 3 girls so my advice to you is definetly go with your instincts. If your fluid has been low w/the other 2 them I would just rest until Friday, no need to over due anything right now. Just remember always go w/your instincts and call your Dr. w/any questions. I am sure God is watching you closely. Don't Worry!

Joyful Noise said...

We are thinking of you! and praying for you...Yes - please take it easy and rest. I could bring you supper tomorrow night - call my cell and let me know...I work but could drop KFC by on my way through!!! (or whatever you are craving!!!)

Grandma J said...

I didn't read this post earlier. I took a quick look at your blog and thought it was the one you posted earlier about your check-up coming up! I hope you aren't too uncomfortable, and I'll pray too that baby comes soon on HER own.

Hang in there! You'll be holding your little one before you know it.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Sarah! I was just going to email you and ask how your apt went. I will continue to pray for you that your sweet wee one will come sooner than later. If I lived near you I would totally come and clean your house!! I hope you will be able to sleep well and rest until baby is here.

Let me know how Friday is....maybe baby will be here before then!

Love ya girl! ♥

jpandtheboys said...

***hugs*** I am praying! love you.

I need to exercise this morning but don't have much motivation, I could drive up there and we could go for a run together! Maybe that would get things going? ;) What do you think!? huh?

Qtpies7 said...

OH, yeah, I think you should go running, lol. That would do it for sure. After falling on the ice on all your hilly roads, you'd be in the hospital for sure.

I selfishly don't want you to have the baby until Saturday now. But for your sake, I hope you go into labor today. You know Jody and I would come visit you and bring you something sparkly to help you get through it.

Susan said...

Hoping your ultrasound offers some encouragement to you this morning. I DM'd you on Twitter with a question, but my twitter seems to be messed up so I'm not even sure if you got it, or if you've even been online much lately! :) I would certainly understand, so no worries...
Praying for you! :)

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Hey Sarah!
I am wondering how your ultra sound went today?? Hope it went well and you received some good news!!

hugs!!♥

Beth said...

Good luck and enjoy your stay at the hospital. I always get home and miss breakfast/lunch/and dinner served to me in bed. HaHa. Anyways praying for a healthy baby for you ;)