Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just released today from HIT Entertainment and Lionsgate: Thomas and Barney!

Thomas the tank engine has great shows for kids to learn about friendship, cooperation, manners, and more. My kids and I really enjoy the new animated series of Thomas videos. The new one that came out today is "Splish, Splash, Splosh." In this new DVD there is a new host: Driver Perkins, and he is found only on the DVD's. Driver Perkins helps out Sir Topham Hatt, the train engineers and all of Sodor's engines. My kids get a kick out of him because he makes things fun. He really draws kid's attention and makes the new interactive learning a blast. We got to see him make a cake that resembles Thomas~ that is fun!
In Splish, Splash, Splosh a new engine is introduced: Charlie!
DVD SYNOPSIS
Even when it’s wet outside you can still have plenty of fun, especially when you share your adventures with Thomas & Friends! Grab your galoshes and join the team as they prepare for rainy day visits and sudsy spills, and then get unstuck from a snowy situation in this collection of stories from the Island of Sodor.
The DVD includes the following episodes:
o Playtime
o Splish Splash Splosh
o Slippy Sodor
o Snow Tracks
DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
All-new interactive games:
o Lift and Load Crane Game
o Counting with Thomas Game

Again, Thomas has made a hit in our homes, and this DVD is highly recommended.

Barney has been a long time example of how to share, be a friend, to use your imagination and using your manners. My kids love Barney's fun songs (with teachable words) and the fun dancing that Barney and his friends display. The Emmy award-winning series, Barney & Friends is one of the top-rated preschool shows today, airing on PBS KIDS and PBS KIDS Sprout.
Barney's new DVD from HIT Entertainment and Lionsgate just released today: "Please & Thank You."
DVD SYNOPSIS
When Baby Bop forgets to say “please” and “thank you,” Barney realizes it’s time for a lesson on how magic words can make other people feel good inside. As Baby Bop daydreams about a world without good manners she realizes that being polite is not only important but it’s easy to do after all. The DVD features 19 favorite Barney songs including, “Please & Thank You,” “Being Together,” “Clean Up” and more.
My kids really enjoyed this DVD, and I think manners are such a great thing to install into our children at a young age. I think Barney does a great job encouraging children to use their manners.
Episodes include:
· Magic Words
· Tea-riffic Manners
· Caring Hearts

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
· Baby Bop’s Tea Party Games:
o “Cakes, Cups and Colors” Interactive Game
o “Alphabet Cookies” Interactive Game

My kids and I recommend this great Barney DVD: Please and Thank You!

Both of these DVD's were released today and can be found in your local retail stores or online at Lionsgate.com or Amazon.com.

This review was provided from Lionsgate and HIT Entertainment. They have provided me with a free product to review and information to share with my readers. I was given the product for my personal opinion and option to share with my readers. I was not compensated for my time or written review.

No comments: