Thursday, October 1, 2009

Let your kids show their "creative side" with TeeJuice!

My kids LOVE doing art projects, and I love exposing them to new ways to show their creativity. I was happy to review for Jacquard Products again, and try out the TeeJuice Fabric Markers. I know markers on clothes is usually a bad idea, especially when Mom doesn't know about it until later. However, the TeeJuice Markers are kid friendly, mom approved (me) and made to use on clothing. I think it is a good way to show that your kids can do this activity on their clothing, as long as it is done with Mom's approval. As you can see, Caleb was totally getting into his drawing. He loves doing projects like these, and he wears his design with pride. He loves telling people that he made his shirt all by himself.
I think he did a pretty good job! I like that there are three different options for the size of markers you wish to use with the TeeJuice markers: Broad Tip (big tip, like a bingo dotter), Fineliner (similar to the width of a pen), and Medium Point. Caleb liked using all three, and he was able to use them with plenty of ease.
You can use TeeJuice markers on any fabric (cotton, jean, leather, etc.) and then you can “lock in” the color by ironing it. After you do those steps, your finished product will hold~ and you can safely wash it and the color will stay! Here is a pair of jeans that my oldest son, Nathaniel, decked out:
He drew on the back pockets, too. He had a blast putting his personal touch on his jeans.
All three sizes of the non-toxic TeeJuice Fabric Markers are available in eight vivid colors: Golden Yellow, Red, Blue, Black, Chocolate Brown, Orange, Purple and Emerald Green. The pens are available individually or in box sets. Individual Medium Point and Fineliner Pens, MSRP $2.99; Individual Broad Tip Marker, MSRP $3.99. Box Set of Medium Point or Fineliner Pens has 5 colors and Box Set of Broad Tip Markers has 4 colors, MSRP $14.99.
Being a home school mom, I have thought of seeing if my kids would like to enter one of their designs in the TeeJuice weekly or quarterly contests held at http://www.teejuice.com/. Each week, a design is chosen from each of the four themes: Fun & Games, The Edge, Beauty & Beast and Holiday/Seasonal. Entrants are separated into two age brackets, 12 & under and 13 & up. Quarterly awards are given based on overall creativity and artistic value. Prizes range from gift baskets to cash prizes. I think that it would be a fun way for them to really put their time and care into their project.
To learn more about the contests or TeeJuice Markers, click here. Jacquard Products have so many great products and activities to do!
This review was sponsored from TeeJuice and Jacquard Products. They have supplied me with product to review and keep for my personal opinion and option to share with my readers. I was not compensated for my time or written review.

No comments: