Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rock of Ages: Broadway Musical CD

I loved the '80's and still do! I was excited to review the new Rock of Ages CD from New Line Records. This CD is a compilation of the Original Broadway Cast Recording of five-time Tony Award nominated "ROCK OF AGES." For those of you not in the know, Rock of Ages is the new Broadway musical starring American Idol finalist Constantine Maroulis. Set in 1987 in a legendary Sunset Strip rock club, a small-town girl meets a big-city dreamer and they fall in love to the greatest metal songs of the 80's. The musical is an arena-rock love story told through the mind-blowing, face-melting hits of Journey, Bon Jovi, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Foreigner, Twisted Sister, Poison, Asia, Whitesnake and more.I totally loved the '80s and the music back then. The songs are sung by the cast. The CD has the storyline, the characters/singers lines (singing and talking) and some parts of the songs are revamped to fit the storyline of the musical. I loved the songs from the '80's (the original songs by the original artists) and it was a bit hard to get into the musical version. I think that the cast did a great job with the songs, but I am just used to what I know. I would like to see the musical, though, and see how the cast puts this together. Who knew you could take '80's rock & ballet music and turn it into a play? Thanks to One2One Network, I was able to review this new CD and share it with you!
Here is the song list:
Just Like Paradise / Nothin' But A Good Time/Sister Christian/We Built This City / Too Much Time On My Hands/I Wanna Rock/We're Not Gonna Take It/Heaven/More Than Words / To Be With You/Waiting For A Girl Like You/Wanted Dead Or Alive/I Want To Know What Love Is/Cum On Feel The Noize / We're Not Gonna Take It (Reprise)Harden My Heart / Shadows Of The Night/Here I Go Again/The Final Countdown/Any Way You Want It / I Wanna Rock (Reprise)High Enough/I Hate Myself For Loving You / Heat Of The Moment/Hit Me With Your Best Shot/Can't Fight This Feeling/Every Rose Has Its Thorn/Oh Sherrie/The Search Is Over/Don't Stop Believin'
To see a video of the making of the soundtrack click here. You can order a copy for yourself from Amazon.com for only $12.99!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

80s music will always be the best. :) It shows that it will never go away.