Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sickness and Trials

Hello everyone. Thanks for being patient with my blogging, or lack thereof. I have had some things going on in our household that I would like to update you all on what has been happening in the Sassyfrazz household. We are going through some trials, sick times, and major medical issues. I am sure you will understand why I haven't been keeping up on my blogging.
My daughter has been sick for 3 weeks now. She is on a second medicine for ear infections. She started off with a bad cold, then fevers, and an ear infection. While being on Amoxicillin, she started a night time bad cough. Then she was coughing bad during the day. Well, on Tuesday, she spiked more fevers and was complaining about her ears~ even cried when I put on her shirt. So, back to the clinic we went, and found out she has a double ear infection! Now we are on a new medication, and costing $45 we hope it will cure her ailments. She is more herself today, and she actually had a restful night last night waking up at 7:30 this morning (which is rare for miss Madelyn).

I have been pretty sick myself. I was very sick the last weekend of April. I had fevers of 104 (a bit high for an adult). I had chills, lightheaded feelings, chills, and runny nose. I also experienced nausea and other symptoms. It only lasted two days, and I am not going to classify it as that Swine Flu. Cole got the fever, too. His fever was 101.5 for two days. I felt horrible for him. Being so little (3 months old) I get nervous when he is running a fever.
Then, my symptoms turned to the coughing side. I coughed SO much, especially at night. Getting little sleep, nursing, and taking care of sick kids during the day wasn't so great. I finally went to the Dr. (after a week of coughing) to see what was going on. I was diagnosed with Bronchitus. I was given two prescriptions~ Zithromax and Cherritussin. Making a long story short, I had a severe reaction to one of them, and I got a bad side effect. Yesterday, my mom noticed I had a slight rash on my neck yesterday. So, I called the Dr. and he said not to take any more meds. I only had one dose. Progressively I got worse, rash on my neck to my face, now my chest and arms. I swelled up terribly, and this morning my eyes were almost swollen shut. I looked like the girl on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Anyway, I went to the Dr. again today and now I am on Prednizone and Amoxicillin. Hopefully I will get well quickly.

I have had some very serious medical conditions thrown my way. I had 4 moles removed a few weeks ago. I had to wait for the results 10-14 days. I went in to get the stitches removed and had the news that I have Melanoma. This is the rarest skin cancer, but the deadliest. I am grateful that the Melanoma was only in one of the moles, but it is still very scary news. I am scheduled to have surgery on Thursday, May 14th. I hope I am well by then. I will be under a general anesthetic getting a portion of my ear cut. I will be in surgery for 2 hours. I have been praying for the Melanoma to be completely removed, and that it hasn't spread. My prayer is that the Melanoma isn't anywhere else in my body, and that the Lord will heal me completely. I will have to be under observation for the next two years with an Oncologist, and seeing my Dermatologist every 6 months. I do rest peacefully in the knowledge that I have my home in heaven waiting, but I plead with God to give me more years here to see my children grow up. He ultimately has a plan for me, my children/family, and my future. I do my best to trust in Him. I just ask you all to pray for my upcoming surgery, healing, and on-going medical roads.

So, if I don't get on here to blog, review, or do giveaways as often, I hope you will understand. I will try to get something up often, especially with updates. Thanks for reading my story.

12 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

I am just blown away at the amount of trials you are going through right now.
I will continue to pray you through this cancer diagnosis and I will be there with you through it. And IF you do have to go through chemo, I know just the thing to help you feel better, home made bread! I brought it to a friend after her chemo sessions when she went through breast cancer. There is just something to it that warms the heart and the belly.
I hope to see you at LNO tonight, I am still up in the air on whether or not I can go.

Idaho Jill said...

So sorry for everything you are going through-you are definitely in my thoughts.

Keyo said...

so sorry to hear about this sarah. i will be saying my prayers for you and your family!!

keep us updated after the surgery!

keep your faith in god!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Oh Sarah, I dont know what to say other than I am terribly sorry and my heart goes out to you and your beautiful family. I will be praying for you and please do keep us updated when you can. God works in amazing ways, trust in Him(I know, easier said than done). Love ya girl, sending tons of hugs your way.

Jeremiah 29:11

TopazTook said...

Oh, wow. I am so sorry for all you -- and your family -- have been going through and will be praying for you.

Life Is A SandCastle said...

Just wanted to visit & say Happy Mother's Day.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Happy Mothers Day Sarah~!!! I hope you are having a great day knowing the love of your children!
hugs!!!

Hope you are doing okay!

jpandtheboys said...

I love you my friend. (((hugs)))

Jeff and Mandee said...

So sorry to hear about everything that you and your family have been going through. You have such wonderful faith, a great thing to have at this time. You and your family will be in my prayers!

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

I am so sorry to hear all of this...please know I am praying for you!

Grandma J said...

Hey Sarah, I think I must have missed this post the first time around, or saw it, but didn't have time to read it or something. You know that you have our prayers coming your way, and what time is your surgery on Thurs? Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you, okay?

Jonebug said...

Sorry Sarah Bear-thoughts and prayers your way, and to the rest of the family. Love ya.