Friday, September 7, 2007

What do you want to be when you grow up


We make it a topic of conversation to ask our kids what they want to be when they grow up. A few years ago, I think Nathaniel was 5, I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He told me a pizza delivery boy. I think he just really liked pizza. Well, this just got his thinking cap motorized, because over the next year after that he told us what he wanted to be when he was all grown up. One of my favorite memories of this was when we were out for a drive. I noticed Nathaniel kept looking out the window at signs and as they passed by, he would turn around in his seat and keep looking at the signs. I asked him what he was doing, and he said he was looking at how signs were made, so he could be a sign maker someday. :) Isn't it fun when you get a peek into your children's thoughts and imaginations?






I asked Caleb what he wanted to be when he grows up, and he said, "I want to be a Super Hero!" I wasn't expecting that comment! It was really funny!
I am sure our kids will constantly change their minds over the years on what they want to be when they are adults. I just hope whatever venue they take, that it will be something that honors God and that makes them happy!

1 comment:

Mrs. Stam said...

LOl this a a very cute Post!