Monday, March 10, 2008

**Celebrations**~What a Weekend!~

I am sorry that I have been away from "The Land of Blog" over the weekend. We had company at our house. My Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law was here Friday-Sunday. It was a busy weekend. Friday night, Terry came home with a mixed bouquet of flowers and one single rose. He said the rose was for Madelyn's first birthday! You can let out an, "AHHH, OH..." because I thought it was super sweet, too! She got her very first rose from her Dad. Then, MIL and SIL came and we ate supper. Later that night, we watched Transformers. I have to say that is a great action movie! I bet it would have been awesome to see that on the big screen, but to no avail, we have a little 27 incher. It was still great, though! I would have taken out about 4 scenes do to content and visuals, but other than that, it rocked!
Saturday I did my WW meeting in the morning, and Nathaniel came with me. After not going for one week (so 2 weeks without weighing in) I had an unfortunate gain of 1.8 pounds. I know it may not seem much, but I was bumming. I really need to just buckle down and work harder at not being tempted by all the yummy foods! I am really happy that spring is right around the corner. After WW, we went to the Post Office and "tried" to mail some packages. I grabbed a box, envelope, and tape off the shelves, and sealed up the goods. After waiting in line for about 15 minutes, the clerks said, "Checks or cash only, because our machines are down." WHAT?? Who really carries cash or checks around anymore? So, after working it all out, I had to give them information and then go back there today (Monday) to pay for the materials and postage. Oh well, what was I to do?
After the Post Office, we went to Walmart. I had Nathaniel try on some jeans, and we were able to get some. It is really hard to find slim in his size, but I did manage to find 2 pair. We also picked up a few more groceries and necessities. Then, Saturday night we just hung out and watched another movie. We watched Chuck and Larry. Terry heard it was a good and funny movie. I guess it just isn't my cup of tea. I don't find gay things funny. Adam Sandler's movies don't really appeal to me because the humor is a bit crude and disgusting. Terry feel asleep about 15 minutes into the movie, so it really didn't spark his interest either. Really, it was a movie that I could have been better off not watching.
Sunday, we went to church in the morning. Then, I did a quick sweep, mop, and wash of the windows (taking those precious hand prints and dog nose prints off the windows) before the big party. It was Madelyn's First Birthday party! We had about 30
people here! It was a full house. Here are some of Madelyn's First Birthday pictures...

She looks so cute in her "Birthday Tu-Tu" from Fuzzy Me! It was a great hit!
We got her to smile for the camera by playing "peek-a-boo" with a tiny bear that was dressed in a duck outfit. She loves her new little bear-duck that she got from Great Grandma Ruby!
Terry's Grandma made an adorable (and tasty) cake for Miss Madelyn...


And she just loved the kitty, she even said, "Meow!" She indulged her taste buds completely~





She had frosting, pink mind you, all over...in her hair, on her elbows, her arms, the chair...but not too much on her tights. She loved it! She has never had cake before (to my knowledge). The only other real "sugary" thing she has had is ice cream. That is a daily house hold term here.
She had so much fun filling her cute, little face. I wish this cake would add a little weight to her tiny little body!

This is her beautiful hair "style" after her cake massacre. Did you know that frosting is a great hair mouse?
She was blessed with many cute new clothes (super adorable!), books, a pink soccer ball, white patented shoes, Pediped shoes, head bands a snoring duck (that was a huge hit with Miss Madelyn), a play camera~that even flashes, a pink shovel, big pail, and a watering can for "helping out" this summer! Here are some pictures...




Through all that she had a great day! She was exhausted at the end of the day, and so were we. She had a great time with family and friends! It was great to have our first "girlie" party! Thank you to the people who came that read my blog. It was a fun time, and thanks for making it so special for Madelyn! Happy birthday to my little Princess~ you are our daughter...and you are God's child! Thank you, God, for blessing us with Madelyn.

8 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

OK I totally "awwwed" for the rose. Too cute! As are all these photos. How do you resist from just eating her up?!

Happy, happy birthday to Madelyn :)

Anonymous said...

Awww that is so sweet about Terry giving her a rose.

Sounds like you sure did have a busy weekend! I'm tired just reading it all. ;)

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MADELYN!!! I'm glad you hear you had a fun time!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Madelyn! It looks like she really enjoyed the duck, LOL. Wanted to let you know that I just (finally, I know!) posted about the Fruit Rollups I won from you, and that I have been reading your blog since the winter bloggy giveaways carnival. Here is the link to my post: http://topaztook.livejournal.com/118448.html.

jpandtheboys said...

I love that Terry gave her a rose. That is just too much! Sarah she is just so beautiful. I wish we could have celebrated with you guys. I love the pictures. It looks like she had a wonderful birthday. Love you.

Qtpies7 said...

I wish I could have been there. Still sick, though.
Miss Maddie is a doll baby!

Milk Mama said...

Happy birthday, Maddie! She looks so adorable in her tutu! Nothing is cuter than a first birthday girl in her tutu!

Stephanie said...

Happy 1st Birthday to your little one! It looks like she had a fun day. :)

mail4rosey said...

Well, I'm way behind in seeing these, but what a cutie!