Monday, March 3, 2008

A few days off duty....

Well, not entirely. I am still a mom, still a "home maker", and still a wife. I still have my daily responsibilities, but I am off work the rest of the week. Claudia, her Mom and Grandma are on a business trip for the rest of the week. I hope they have a nice time, and get some good memories (amidst the work). Claudia is getting her upper teeth, both of them, so she is feeling some bad pains right now. I feel so bad for her. It is so hard when they are little, and they don't understand. I will greatly miss her this week. She is such a little darling.

What am I going to do with 4 days at home? Well, I would like to think that some organizing can get done. I know I have some blogging to catch up on (but that isn't so easy with the kids around). Hence, I lose much sleep at night. I am really getting the urge to decorate and make Caleb/Maddie's room more fun. I am tired of looking at plain white walls. I am sure Caleb would appreciate something on his walls, too. I need to be frugal, and crafty. So, what do I do? What is affordable, and eye catching? I love what Candace did with Claudia's room, and it is easy looking, too...I should think about something along those lines. This week I also need to make some cards. That I can do with the kids playing with their toys. Our basement is set up nice for free play. Sometimes kids need to play alone.

I do have one, no 3, appointments on Wednesday. 3 of my friends are entrusting me with their locks. Yes, I am going to be cutting, coloring, and putting a style to their hair. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have cut the hair of 2 of my friend's hair already once before, so that I am OK with. I am glad that they trust me to "experiment" on them. I make sure they know that they are free to go to the Salon afterward (and they may have to). It won't hurt my feelings if they need to do that. I have only cut my boy's hair (Terry, Nathaniel and Caleb), Terry's sister, Lisa, and Jeannie. I have always had the desire to work with hair since I was a teen. Someday, as my goal, I will attend beauty school. I am just waiting until I am done having kids, and they are old enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your kinda time off! I hear ya about wanting to do the kids rooms. Both Kevin & Katie's rooms are white too, but I'm thinking of painting them and doing something to them once spring comes and I can open the windows.

Ahhh to open the windows again!! I can't wait! :)

Qtpies7 said...

My mom does murals on walls! I can hardly wait to see what she will do with the kids' rooms if they let her, lol. (they may be too cool, you know)

Too bad we couldn't do the hair thing yet. I don't feel well, anyway, so it was probably good we didn't do it.