Sunday, March 16, 2008

Grrr...

OK, I have been away from blogging for a few days for good reason. Yep, you guessed it, my kids are sick~ AGAIN!! Caleb started the sickness on Tuesday morning with fevers and puking. He has been sick all week, and I brought him in to the Dr. on Friday. I was not liking the Dr. much (he wasn't our Dr.). I am really tired of "germs and sickness" so, I politely asked the Dr. if he could wash his hands. He was very rude about it all, and told me he just washed his hands. He said, "I always am washing my hands. See? You can see they are all shiny from just washing them." Then, he was pretty much a jerk the rest of the appointment. Caleb has an ear infection. Madelyn started a cough Friday morning. It got progressively worse through the day. She then started a fever Friday afternoon. Friday night, she sounded horrible. It almost sounded like a croup cough. Saturday, both kiddos were awful. They were whiny, feverish, coughing, and all over body aches and chills. I brought Madelyn to the ER last night, because I was so worried about her. They ran 3 tests: RSV, Influenza, and chest X-rays for pneumonia. She has Influenza A. I am almost positive that is what Caleb has too. The radiologist will be looking at the X-rays to make sure they are clear. Influenza can turn into pneumonia, so we need to watch for the signs. We have preventatives, with dosing with Motrin and Tylenol. It will have to run it's coarse and can last weeks. I feel so bad for my little kids. It is so sad to see them miserable. They are contagious until their fever is gone, so it looks like I am in home arrest for awhile. Today, they go through moments where they are a little perkier, then they crash. Caleb and Maddie are very tired, runny noses, chills, and the fever. Needless to say, Terry and I are tired of being stuck at home. We covet your prayers for our sick kids. We are so done with the sickness from lurking in our home. We pray a hedge of protection over our home and our kids. Thanks~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they are sick again. {{hug}} I know you're ready for spring to get there so you can open those windows and get those germs out!!

I pray they both start feeling better soon and no one else catches it.

Milk Mama said...

Sarah, I'm praying for your kiddos. It's so hard to see babies ill. I've been praying Anna won't get sick. She started coughing last week and then I got the cough. Thankfully it was just a cough. I just prayed for your kiddos and that they will heal quickly and won't get sick any more this year!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear that the kiddos are so sick, and again. That doctor should wash his hands in the room with you regardless....all of ours do.

Sending prayers sweet one for all of you, remember to take care of yourself to mama, we tend to forget that sometimes to care for our babies.

jpandtheboys said...

Oh Sarah! I am sooo sorry. I know that you have had a terrible time with this. I talked to another friend of mine on Friday and they have influenza and pneumonia in their home, so it's going around like wild fire right now! I have prayed and will be praying not only for the kids but for you and Terry as well. It's hard to see your kids sick, it's worrisome and physically exhausting. Hang in there lady! much love.

Milk Mama said...

I gave you Linky Love! :)

Hope your babies' fevers are reducing and they're resting well!

Sarah

Qtpies7 said...

I got a call that Daphne's son, Austin, has influenze, too. He was here on Friday and Sam and him were hugging and kissing. Nice, huh? LOL Of course, I was holding Maddie on Saturday night, too. Should be fun over here, soon. I'm hoping Austin wasn't contagious when he was here, but I bet he was, he had thrown up that morning, but they thought he had just eaten too fast. His fever yesterday was 105!