Thursday, March 20, 2008

**UPDATE on Madelyn


Madelyn has a little bit better of a day yesterday (Wednesday). She wasn't running a fever, and she has a pretty good mood most of the day. Last night she was a little moody, and had a harder time with sleeping. She woke up this morning (Thursday) with a terrible cough again. I gave her a nebulizer treatment at 4:30 AM. That seemed to help her out a little bit. She nursed then, and went back to sleep. She woke up again at 6:45. She has been having a bloody discharge with her snot lately, and I am a little concerned. The bloody discharge started last night, and she had a few bloody looking buggers with it. I know that is gross, but I am not sure what to think of it. I am not sure if it is because of the dry air, or if it is something new with her sickness. I am talking with the Doctor about it. Our house is a little on the dry side right now (aren't we all dealing with that?), but we do have the dehumidifier running upstairs, now. I just pray that this isn't a new sign of something to worry about. Right now she is sleeping in the high chair. She fell asleep after eating lunch. I am happy that my Mother-in-law gave us this high chair, because the seat reclines back some.
Thanks for your prayers, and we appreciate it so very much! I just pray she keeps healing. I will tell you this, once she is better, we are waiting about a week before we go anywhere with her. AND~ No more nursery or stores until later summer with my little princess~

2 comments:

Milk Mama said...

I'm glad to hear that she's doing better! I think it's a good idea that she has no more nursery. I know that's where Anna gets her illnesses. And I know from which kids, too! They're always sick and Anna's almost always catching it from them. :( I hope Madelyn keeps healing! I'm glad to hear she's better!

Anonymous said...

I hope Madelyn is feeling better today!! I would guess the bloody discharge from her nose would be due to it being dry in the house. I know Kevin had that before too and I ran our Crane Humidfier in his room at night and he got better.

Please keep us posted. How is Terry feeling?