- In the 1400's a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb"-----------------------
- Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.
- The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone
- Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the U.S.Treasury.
- Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.
- Coca-Cola was originally green
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
- The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska.
- The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% (now get this...)The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
- The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
- The average number of people airborne over the U.S. In any given hour: 61,000
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
- The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.
*I couldn't leave these out:
The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades - King DavidHearts - CharlemagneClubs -Alexander, the GreatDiamonds - Julius Caesar
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321