Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"The Golden Compass" *BeWare!*

There will be a new children's movie out in December called "The Golden Compass" starring Nicole Kidman. The movie has been described as "atheism for kids" and is based on the first book of a trilogy entitled "His Dark Materials" that was written by Phillip Pullman. Pullman is a militant atheist and secular humanist who despises C. S. Lewis and the "Chronicles of Narnia". His motivation for writing this trilogy was specifically to counteract Lewis' symbolisms of Christ that are portrayed in the Narnia series.
Clearly, Pullman's main objective is to bash Christianity and promote atheism. Pullman left little doubt about his intentions when he said in a 2003 interview that "my books are about killing God." He has even stated that he wants to "kill God in the minds of children". It has been said of Pullman that he is "the writer the atheists would be praying for, if atheists prayed."
While "The Golden Compass" movie itself may seem mild and innocent, the books are a much different story. In the trilogy, a young streetwise girl becomes enmeshed in an epic struggle to ultimately defeat the oppressive forces of a senile God. Another character, an ex-nun, describes Christianity as "a very powerful and convincing mistake." In the final book, characters representing Adam and Eve eventually kill God, who at times is called YAHWEH. Each book in the trilogy gets progressively worse regarding Pullman's hatred of Jesus Christ.
"The Golden Compass" is set to premier on December 7, during the Christmas season, and will probably be heavily advertised. Promoters hope that unsuspecting parents will take their children to see the movie, that they will enjoy the movie, and that the children will want the books for Christmas.
Please consider a boycott of the movie and the books. Also, pass this information along to everyone you know. This will help to educate parents, so that they will know the agenda of the movie.

**Another thing in this movie are the Daemons (Demons?). Here is a quote I read from someone:
"A daemon is something like an animal familiar. It can reason and speak with you. It knows your innermost thoughts and feelings. A daemon accompanies you everywhere. My daemon would be a panda bear - a huge furry panda named Ming. Ming is about 800 pounds, and her paws are larger than my face. The pads on her paws are the size of my hands. She lumbers threateningly yet lovingly by my side, all night black and jet white. In cafes, Ming sits patiently by my side. She is wise beyond description, and her coal black eyes study passers-by with unnerving intensity.Sounds great, huh? Only one problem - a daemon isn't exactly an animal familiar. Neither does one's daemon necessarily take the form of an animal that one admires, loves or wishes to emulate. One's daemon is the animal that reflects one's innermost self. Are you a snake? Are you a puppy dog? Look at the daemon by your side, and that will tell you. One's daemon is one's soul.Pantalaimon, Lyra's daemon, often assumes the form of a mouse, a moth, or an ermine. A child's daemon has the ability to change forms until the child reaches adolescence."

I can not tell you HOW THAT SCARES ME! I will not watch this movie!! I can't believe what is coming! Satan is tightening the reigns...but we need to remember that GOD IS IN CONTROL!
Please go see C. S. Morris at Cheaper By the 1/2 Dozen's post about this!
Pray over your children...Pray over the minds of our family...friends...and please, tell (WARN) others about this terrible, horrible movie!

1 comment:

Rene Perez said...

My son brought home The Golden Compass last year and my sister picked it up, read it and passed it on to me. I read it and literally had to read again and again the part about basically "killing God." Not only is that frightening, but also the fact that this man pulls scripture from the book of Genesis and changes the Word. I take it he never made it to the book of Revelation where we are warned never to do that. Of course, this author is an atheist and quite proud to be. I read the second book as well. And if you visit the website, the word Daemon is pronounced demon. I have been wanted to blog about this for a while and think I'll do so now..I love your blog and I'm adding you to my blogroll. I run a Christian blog and love finding more of them.