Friday, July 17, 2009

Going to a wedding...

This weekend we are going to a wedding for some relatives of my husband's. About a month ago, we got an invitation in the mail. I was a bit surprised at what came to us requesting our presence at their day of celebration. I know I should have blogged about it then, but I am now. It was the most creative mail I have ever received, and I really don't think I will ever get anything like it in the mail again. The mailman brought my mail to the door, rang the doorbell and said,
"I don't believe I have ever seen a shoe mailed to someone before." At first I thought he was joking, and I really didn't comprehend what he was saying. I thought maybe he had something wrong, or picked up this flip-flop near our mailbox on the ground.
I saw it was addressed to us, and with flipping it over, I saw the invitation. How creative is that?? The invitation talked about wearing casual clothes, wearing flip flops, and their wedding would be a "flop" without us. Terry asked me if we would get the missing shoe if we came to the wedding. HA! I thought that would be funny if the other shoe was our wedding favor. Ha. Ha. Anyway, I just had to share this because I thought it was so fun and creative! I hope the weather is a bit warmer, though...

5 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

That is so cute!! I have seen things like this for baby showers or bridal showers but not wedding!! SO creative and cute!

Gretchen said...

That is the absolute neatest invitation I have ever seen!

How was the wedding?

Qtpies7 said...

It was so funny! I think it is a super cute idea!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

I've never seen anything like this either, but I LOVE the idea!! So neat! I didn't know you could even mail something like that...?

Unknown said...

How adorable. Cute idea for a beach wedding. I am very impressed the post office delivered it as well. Wow.