I recently had the opportunity to review for Kernel Seasons, and I didn't mind one bit! I LOVE popcorn, and my whole family enjoys popcorn snacking. So, trying the Kernel Seasons popcorn, toppings, and spray...was not a difficult thing. I love popping corn by hand, and I must say that the Kernel Seasons corn pops up so fluffy, and it is so tasty! I have compared it to other brands, and Kernel Seasons tastes better and pops up better by far. I was sent a couple bags of microwave pop corn, 1 bag of stove top popping corn, popcorn spritzer, and a few seasoning flavors. I enjoy it all!! My family looks forward to eating Kernel Seasons popcorn, and love watching it pop! Plus, I love that popcorn is a low calorie food, especially when I use the Kernel Seasons spritzer (no cal.)!
I was sent a fact sheet of tips & suggestions to enjoy your popcorn even more. I would love to share them with you!
Popcorn As a Snack & Food Ingredient:
Among the healthiest low-calorie food items, popcorn is a whole grain that is low in calories and fat and is a complex carbohydrate. Follow these simple suggestions to increase daily fiber intake:
· Top soup or salad servings with popcorn instead of crouton for a healthier alternative
· Season popcorn with spices or seasonings to create a lightly flavored savory treat
· Combine popcorn with dried fruit and nuts to create a custom snack mix
· Create popcorn dessert bars (can provide recipe); tint liquid mixture for different holidays such Halloween (orange and black) or Christmas (red and green)
· Involve your kids in making flavored popcorn treat bags (can provide recipe) - easy to make and throw in backpack as a delicious and nutritious on the go snack. Children can mix and match the flavors to create their own unique gourmet popcorn concoctions.
Popcorn Craft Activities:
For just pennies, crafts with popped corn provide hours of at-home fun. Try these simple, cost-efficient activities with supplies likely to already be on hand.
· Popcorn holiday sheep - draw a sheep's head and feet on construction paper. Let children fill in the body with popped popcorn. ( Adapt to any white animal shape)
· Feed birds by stringing popcorn and cut up apples. Hang on a fence post for a backyard feast. Birds will use leftover string when building nests.
· Form holiday shapes (pumpkins, snowmen, etc.) from a mixture of warm popcorn and melted marshmallows. Work quickly with small batches to create desired form. Embellish with candy and other food decorations.
Popcorn in Games And Trivia: According to the U.S. Popcorn Board, the United States produces nearly 500,000 tons of popcorn every year making it a quintessential American favorite with uses that extend beyond the kitchen. Play these fun games during after school play dates, family night, or other special occasions.
· Play the popcorn game: Encourage kids to jump around and pretend they are popcorn kernels popping. Learn why corn pops and share this with kids while they are playing.
· Bobbing for Popcorn Balls: Tie popcorn balls to strings suspended from up high. Have kids stand next to balls and try to eat them without using their hands.
~~This is one of my favorites, and my kids enjoy this one!! ~~
· Sing I'm A Little Kernel to the melody of I'm a Little Teapot using the following lyrics:
I'm a little kernel in a pot,
Turn on the heat and
Watch me hop.
When I get all warmed up,
Then I'll pop,
Yumm, I taste good when I'm hot!
· Popcorn Trivia: Prepare simple popcorn trivia questions and answers such as...
Q: How high can popcorn pop? A: As high as three feet.
Q: Who ate popcorn like breakfast cereal with milk? A: American Pilgrims.
Q: How much popcorn will one cup of kernels make? A: One cup of kernels can make a whopping 40 cups of popped popcorn
You can enter to win a "Get the Party Popping!" popcorn package from Kernel Seasons!
The giveaway package will include the following:
- A bag of stove top popping corn
- Three bags of microwave popcorn
- Popcorn spritzer
- Six different seasoning flavors.
This contest is open to USA residents, and will end on June 30th. Please leave a comment pertaining to popcorn, movies, snacks, or family fun events. Feel free to do the extra credits I offer with my giveaways (just be sure to leave the separate comments to get the credit).